Netscape 7.1 SMTP problems
Thread poster: FrankP (X)
FrankP (X)
FrankP (X)
Local time: 06:58
English
Jul 28, 2003

I have recently upgraded from Netscape 4.7 to 7.1. All my server settings were transferred and I can browse and pick up mail fine. Unfortunately I'm unable to send any mail out. The software automatically selected SMTP as the default mailing system (correct) and "mail" as the destination (also correct). Unfortunately it won't let me send any mail, telling me every time my SMTP settings are incorrectly configured. I don't think they are, but just to make sure I wiped all details and set up a new ... See more
I have recently upgraded from Netscape 4.7 to 7.1. All my server settings were transferred and I can browse and pick up mail fine. Unfortunately I'm unable to send any mail out. The software automatically selected SMTP as the default mailing system (correct) and "mail" as the destination (also correct). Unfortunately it won't let me send any mail, telling me every time my SMTP settings are incorrectly configured. I don't think they are, but just to make sure I wiped all details and set up a new mail account with the same result. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this could be occurring?Collapse

Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:58
English to French
If you have a IP router ... Jul 28, 2003

The router has to be reconfigured, don't ask me how, I don't know!
But a good technician will do it.
For now you can use a mail system like ICQ or MSN, for the time being.

Good luck
Louise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netscape 7.1 SMTP problems

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »