USB dongle damaged. What should I do now?
Thread poster: Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 28, 2003

Accidentally, my USB dongle (Trados 6.0) got damaged today as I was traveling. I will contact Trados Corporation as soon as possible, but I was wondering if any of you has experienced something similar... Do they (Trados Corporation) replace it or do I have to buy Trados once again? I guess I REALLY needed a break from work

Monika

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:38
English to German
+ ...
Get a replacement Jul 28, 2003

Hi Monika,
You don't need to buy a new license; just get in touch with Trados and ask them to send you a replacement. You will need to return the defective dongle afterwards.

Depending on the type of damage sustained, you may have to pay a fee for the new dongle (but that's much less than a new license, of course).

HTH - Ralf

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Ralf, Jul 28, 2003

I will contact them first thing in the morning. I just feel bad that I have a few due dates coming soon and I might get a little bit behind. Hopefully I will catch up. Thank you again and have a cool Monday 8)
Monika

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Monika,
You don't need to buy a new license; just get in touch with Trados and ask them to send you a replacement. You will need to return the defective dongle afterwards.

Depending on the type of damage sustained, you may have to pay a fee for the new dongle (but that's much less than a new license, of course).

HTH - Ralf

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:38
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You might try another compatible tool Jul 28, 2003

Wordfast, which is free (older versions) and TRADOS compatible does not require a dongle. You can download it and get to work wherever you are.

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:38
English to French
Or Jul 29, 2003

Edward Potter wrote:

Wordfast, which is free (older versions) and TRADOS compatible does not require a dongle. You can download it and get to work wherever you are.

Jump in on the translator buying group and get a recent version that will rescue you from the paying update nonsense, save your HD space, free your attention from the bloody dongle and give you tons of new options I wouldn't work without.

(But if you wanna a break from work, I guess it's all right anyway, right?)

Cheers,
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USB dongle damaged. What should I do now?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »