Thread poster: Christina Clark
Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:09
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

When I close a translation unit to open a new one, I used to have both source text (in blue) and target text (in green) visible. However, now I get a "clean" document straight away. How can I set up Workbench to show both source and target units?

Thanks
Christina

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:09
English to French
Hidden text Jul 24, 2003

Christina Clark wrote:

When I close a translation unit to open a new one, I used to have both source text (in blue) and target text (in green) visible. However, now I get a "clean" document straight away. How can I set up Workbench to show both source and target units?

Thanks
Christina

The source is in hidden text. To display hidden text in Word, go to tools/options, view tab and select "hidden text"

Cheers,
Sylver
www.your-translations.com
"Word for translators" tutorial, amongst other things.

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this Jul 24, 2003

In order to view the source text, the option "Show Hidden Text" should be selected in Word. Check if this option is deselected by mistake.
Laura

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, of course! Jul 24, 2003

You know, this isn't the first time this has happened to me! Must have pressed the button by mistake..........

Thanks so much.

Christina

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Options Settings Jul 24, 2003

Christina,
It's not about pressing a wrong button by mistake. You have certain settings in Tools - Options - View.
The little box next to "Hidden Text" should be checked for you to be able to see both the source and the target text in a Trados rtf file.

regards,
Csaba

[Edited at 2003-07-24 10:30]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have lost my source text in Trados?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »