Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:18
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2009

I have not been able to attach files on Yahoo. I follow the instructions as I have always done, selecting the files with "Browse" and then choosing "Attach", after which some squares start flashing and the green rectangle at the bottom of the screen starts to fill up. At the end of the process, however, no files are attached and I get a message "There was a problem. No files selected." Why?

Fortunately I have another e-mail and it seems that the files were sent this time, but I have
... See more
I have not been able to attach files on Yahoo. I follow the instructions as I have always done, selecting the files with "Browse" and then choosing "Attach", after which some squares start flashing and the green rectangle at the bottom of the screen starts to fill up. At the end of the process, however, no files are attached and I get a message "There was a problem. No files selected." Why?

Fortunately I have another e-mail and it seems that the files were sent this time, but I have no idea why this is happening with Yahoo. Can't phone them as they do not seem to have a support number. What is happening?

I don't know if this is related, but when I download files, although the process is normal, I get a message that the antivirus scanning is temporarily unavailable (has been "temporarily unavailable" for more than a week now).
Collapse

JPW (X)
JPW (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Do you use a script blocker? Feb 18, 2009

Do you use a script blocker on your browser, by any chance? I'm talking about NoScript for firefox, or maybe there are others too. They disable javascripts and other (potentially) dangerous codes, ads etc.

If they are all blocked, they might affect certain functions: I couldn't change fonts on emails or attach files until I released some of the scripts and it was ok again.

I have just checked my own yahoo account and it's working fine. So I don't think it's a general pr
... See more
Do you use a script blocker on your browser, by any chance? I'm talking about NoScript for firefox, or maybe there are others too. They disable javascripts and other (potentially) dangerous codes, ads etc.

If they are all blocked, they might affect certain functions: I couldn't change fonts on emails or attach files until I released some of the scripts and it was ok again.

I have just checked my own yahoo account and it's working fine. So I don't think it's a general problem...

You should sort out your AV though.
Collapse

Hazel Underwood
Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Yahoo issues Feb 18, 2009

I used to have a Yahoo address too, but after several issues - not being able to attach files randomly, not being able to download files, not being able to login - and several weeks with no response when I sent support e-mails I switched to googlemail instead. If you end up having to swap to a different account, you should at least be able to "pick up" your Yahoo emails via your new address.

Not sure if that helps or not though!

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:18
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What's a script blocker? Feb 18, 2009

Could someone shed light on what a "script blocker" is? I don't think it is the problem as last week everything was OK, but would like to know exactly what this is. John mentions "NoScript for Firefox" but I use Internet Explorer.

JPW (X)
JPW (X)  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Light shedding (?) Feb 18, 2009

Paul - my yahoo account went a bit haywire a while ago and I discovered the reason was because of an add-on or plug-in thingy (note the jargon...) I installed, called "NoScript" which blocks potentially malicous codes from loading on to the web page and attacking your computer. What you have described must be caused by something else then.

If you use IE it probably isn't what happened to me. More info:

The NoScript F
... See more
Paul - my yahoo account went a bit haywire a while ago and I discovered the reason was because of an add-on or plug-in thingy (note the jargon...) I installed, called "NoScript" which blocks potentially malicous codes from loading on to the web page and attacking your computer. What you have described must be caused by something else then.

If you use IE it probably isn't what happened to me. More info:

The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java and Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank), and provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser.

BTW, the free yahoo accounts only handle files up to 10MB, anything over that it will just keep trying, and trying...and then fail. Check the size of the files you wanted to send.
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
GoogleMail disguised as Yahoo Feb 18, 2009

If you switch to GoogleMail, you can set it to send as if from another email address you have registered, such as your Yahoo one. I did this recently when I was abroad and using a laptop from a hotel Internet connection, and found that I was unable to send any emails through Thunderbird. So I did not have to notify anyone of a change of email address.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't attach files on Yahoo - why?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »