How to capture a web site and use it as .txt or .rtf file?
Thread poster: Christina Clark
Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:49
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 17, 2003

I was wondering whether there was any way of capturing a whole web site and use it in Word instead of copying and pasting every single page?

I would like to create a TM of an original web site and its other language equivalent.

Thanks so much for any ideas or thoughts on this
Christina

[Edited at 2003-07-17 08:26]

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
English to French
Capturing Web site Jul 17, 2003

CDClark wrote:

I was wondering whether there was any way of capturing a whole web site and use it in Word instead of copying and pasting every single page?

I would like to create a TM of an original web site and its other language equivalent.

Thanks so much for any ideas or thoughts on this
Christina

[Edited at 2003-07-17 08:26]

It's not as simple as it sounds. It all depends on the Web site, and even in the best of cases, making a TM that way is gonna be a pain.

Assuming yours is a static web site, save the pages (in IE, file/save as or View/source, then save) with a txt extension. Replace </p&mt; and <br&mt; by paragraph marks. Then as all you care about is a TM, remove all the code. In many cases, it will be as easy as

Find: \
Replace:
with wildcards on.

When you have source and target files without code, I guess you know what to do.

The solution is not elegant, but it will work with a static content.

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:49
Italian to French
+ ...
The easiest way... Jul 17, 2003

Hi,

You just need to get Acrobat : capture all your site and save it as .rtf. That's all !
Bye,

Jean-Marie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to capture a web site and use it as .txt or .rtf file?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »