Converting Opera bookmarks to a .xls file
Thread poster: Veronica Durbaca
Veronica Durbaca
Veronica Durbaca  Identity Verified

English to Romanian
+ ...
Jul 10, 2003

I have quite a lot of bookmarks, and I would like to get them in a more manageable format. I tried some bookmark organisers, but none could import my bookmarks with their respective folders...

I exported the bookmarks to a .adr file, then to a .doc. But I can't get this 100-page document into a decent table.

How do you manage your bookmarks?
Is there anyhing more to know besides "Convert text to table" function in Word?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,<
... See more
I have quite a lot of bookmarks, and I would like to get them in a more manageable format. I tried some bookmark organisers, but none could import my bookmarks with their respective folders...

I exported the bookmarks to a .adr file, then to a .doc. But I can't get this 100-page document into a decent table.

How do you manage your bookmarks?
Is there anyhing more to know besides "Convert text to table" function in Word?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Vero
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:13
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Veronica Jul 10, 2003

In my opinion Opera gives you lots of possibilities for managing your bookmarks: organizing them into folders, sorting by various parameters, searching, adding new bookmarks into selected folders, setting active folders and many others - just go to Bookmarks --> Manage bookmarks and see yourself. Why trying to export bookmarks into Excel?

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:13
English to German
+ ...
Search & Replace Jul 10, 2003

Hi Vero,
I exported my Opera bookmarks and copied them into Word.
First I did a search and replace for "end of paragraph marks" followed by "tab stops" and replaced them by "tab stops".
Then I replaced all double "end of paragraph marks" by single "end of paragraph marks".
The result was easy to copy and paste into Excel.
You can find your language specific codes for "end of paragraph marks" and other useful things by extending the search & replace menu in Word usi
... See more
Hi Vero,
I exported my Opera bookmarks and copied them into Word.
First I did a search and replace for "end of paragraph marks" followed by "tab stops" and replaced them by "tab stops".
Then I replaced all double "end of paragraph marks" by single "end of paragraph marks".
The result was easy to copy and paste into Excel.
You can find your language specific codes for "end of paragraph marks" and other useful things by extending the search & replace menu in Word using the button at the bottom line on the right hand side.
Good speed,
Harry
PS: The shortcut for the search & replace menu is: ctrl h
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting Opera bookmarks to a .xls file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »