Instant Messaging: working with two computers
Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 00:56
German to English
+ ...
Jul 4, 2003

I've been trying out the Instant Messaging function recently and have discovered that, when I send messages from my office computer, the replies do not arrive until I log in to ProZ on my home computer. This is presumably because this was the first place I used the function. Is there any way to change the setting to ensure that I receive any messages on my office computer instead?

Not a serious problem, by any means, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has any useful tips.

... See more
I've been trying out the Instant Messaging function recently and have discovered that, when I send messages from my office computer, the replies do not arrive until I log in to ProZ on my home computer. This is presumably because this was the first place I used the function. Is there any way to change the setting to ensure that I receive any messages on my office computer instead?

Not a serious problem, by any means, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has any useful tips.

Thanks
Collapse

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working with two computers Jul 4, 2003

Sorry, the heading above should read "Working with two computers" ...

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorted Jul 4, 2003

Ian Winick wrote:

Sorry, the heading above should read "Working with two computers" ...

I edited your heading.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Instant Messaging: working with two computers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »