Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:49
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 2, 2003

Hello Proz,

I use Netscape to browse, but it seems that Proz does not always support Netscape...
When I select a joblink from an proz e-mail I often get a blank screen...
When I do the same with Internet Explorer I always get a screen (either: this one has been restricted for Platinum, or the actual job).... Is there a chance you only support Microsoft??

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
cookies issue? Jul 2, 2003

Hi Ed,

I'm a Netscape user too. Could it be a cookies issue? I turned off the jobs mails so haven't been receiving them for a while, but I seem to recall a similar problem. If I remember correctly, it was due to cookies being switched off. (under Edit: Preferences: Mail & News preferences or Privacy & Security, depending on what Netscape version you have). Try switching cookies on and see if you have better luck.

(For the record: I think cookies are the spawn of the de
... See more
Hi Ed,

I'm a Netscape user too. Could it be a cookies issue? I turned off the jobs mails so haven't been receiving them for a while, but I seem to recall a similar problem. If I remember correctly, it was due to cookies being switched off. (under Edit: Preferences: Mail & News preferences or Privacy & Security, depending on what Netscape version you have). Try switching cookies on and see if you have better luck.

(For the record: I think cookies are the spawn of the devil, but that is probably best left to another forum posting).

Hope that helps,
Michele
Collapse

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Try Netscape 7 Jul 2, 2003

I used to have major problems with Netscape 4.7, the last version without Smart-Callback NS4 had problems with handling tables. Netscape 7 works fine for me (and smart update/smart download can be disabled again). After using it for 4 months now, I think I can recommend upgrading to the new version.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Not just MS IE Jul 2, 2003

Ed Vreeburg wrote:
Is there a chance you only support Microsoft??

I routinely use Opera and Mozilla.

Marc

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many thanks Jul 6, 2003

Hi Klaus,

I did not realize I still had this old netscape version on this loan-laptop.I downloaded the new version and it works like a charm!!

Big Thanks,
Ed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netscape support?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »