Jonathan Widell
Jonathan Widell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:57
Member (2003)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2008

I am sure this question has been asked many times before and I apologize. I installed Trados Workbench 7 on my computer and, as a text processing application, Word 2007. Word 2007 does not have the handy toolbars anymore. Where can I find the Trados functionalities in Word 2007? Thanks.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:57
English to German
+ ...
Please use the forum search Nov 13, 2008

Hi Jonathan,

I am sure this question has been asked many times before and I apologize.

There have indeed been numerous discussions on this topic.

I installed Trados Workbench 7 on my computer and, as a text processing application, Word 2007. Word 2007 does not have the handy toolbars anymore. Where can I find the Trados functionalities in Word 2007? Thanks.

Short answer: nowhere - Trados 7.x does not support Office 2007.

May I suggest to use the forum search, looking for the string "Word 2007" in this forum.

Best regards,
Ralf

Péter Jutai
Péter Jutai  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:57
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Trados 8 is the solution Nov 13, 2008

Dear Jonathan,

I have written a post in Hungarian on this forum about the same problem. Office 2007 does not support Trados 7 (or vice versa). You have to install Trados 8 or go back to Office 2003. And one more thing: if you have Adobe Acrobat, and did not install these programs in the right order (I don't know what the right order is, maybe Office, then Trados, then Acrobat), you won't be able to you use Office 2007 with Trados.

GRR

Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados in Word 2007

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »