Thread poster: Andres Pacheco
Andres Pacheco
Andres Pacheco  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the word count for an Acrobat Reader document. PractiCount can do that, but the thing is that I need to count words for half of the document, not the whole thing.

I have not been able to split the document or to modify the number of pages in any way. Do I need any specific software or would it be possible for me to do it directly from Acrobat Reader?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Andrés

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:10
German to Croatian
+ ...
Copy + Paste Jun 20, 2003

Perhaps there is a more sofisticated method, but I usually select/copy the text, paste it into Word and do the usual Word Count.

Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:10
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
agree Jun 20, 2003

Vesna Zivcic wrote:

Perhaps there is a more sofisticated method, but I usually select/copy the text, paste it into Word and do the usual Word Count.

Hi, Andrés. Having no wordcount software, I proceed the same way!
Or I go to SAVE AS and save the document as .rtf, which is easier. I have the full version not the reader so I don't know whether you can do that.
Good luck.
Saludos,
Vale

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
there is a software you can use with PDFs Jun 21, 2003

Hello,

You can use a specific software to count words in PDFs. Please have a look at:

http://www.pdfcount.com/

Best regards,
Mónica

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
Or use Practicount Jun 22, 2003

at

www.practicount.com

If still needed, just forward me the source document and I'll send you its word count immediately.

Best,
Evert Deloof-Sys

Andres Pacheco
Andres Pacheco  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 23, 2003

I have tried different options; for some reason, Acrobat does not recognize text in this particular document. Therefore, I have not been able to select the test or to save the .pdf file as .rtf.

I did not know about the .pdf word count program; will take a look at it.

Regarding PractiCount, I do have it, and will use it (after I get the Editor and am able to split the document; the option I find most suitable...
See more
I have tried different options; for some reason, Acrobat does not recognize text in this particular document. Therefore, I have not been able to select the test or to save the .pdf file as .rtf.

I did not know about the .pdf word count program; will take a look at it.

Regarding PractiCount, I do have it, and will use it (after I get the Editor and am able to split the document; the option I find most suitable.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Andrés
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Count in Acrobat Reader Documents

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »