C.A.Joseph
C.A.Joseph  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:09
English to French
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

Hi all,

I have a customer who requires that I use Word 97. Does anynone have an experience dealing with trados 6.0 freelance and word 97?

TIA!

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Word 97 in later versions of Word Jun 20, 2003

You are aware that you can make e.g. Word 2000 behave as an earlier version? You'll find the settings on the Tools/Options.../Compatibility tab.

Regards,
Gerard

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:09
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados Jun 20, 2003

I have no problems with mine but I run it on a high speed PC with XP. I don't know if it runs on a Mac, but I suggest you ask Trados about any of your Trados questions at http://support.trados.com

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, it does! Jun 21, 2003

From System requirements of my Trados 6 Freelance

Hardware
C The minimum specification for using TRADOS 6 Freelance is a PC with a 166 MHz Pentium
II or higher compatible process or and at least 64 MB RAM.
TRADOS recommends 128 MB or more.
C 150 MB f available hard disk space is recommended and a m use or similar p inting device is required.
Companion Software
C TRADOS Translator's Workbench requires Microsoft Word 97 or later for processing Wo rd or
RTF-based files.
C TRADOS T-Wind w f r P werP int requires Microsoft P werPoint 97 or later for processing PowerPoint files.
C TRADOS T-Window for Excel requires Micr soft Excel 97 or later for processing Excel files.
C Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher is required to use the HTML-based help systems that
ship with TRADOS 6 Freelance.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 is available on the product CD for your convenience.
Platforms
C For optimum performance,TRADOS recommends Windows NT,Windows 2000 or
Windows XP.TRADOS 6 Freelance runs on Windows 98 Second Edition,Windows Me,
Wind ws NT version 4.0 (with Service Pack 3 or later),Windows 2000,and Windows XP.For
optimum performance with Asian lanaguages,TRADOS recommends using a recent
operating system such as Windows 2000 or Windows XP rather than Windows 98 SE or
Windows Me.

Regards,

Clarisa

C.A.Joseph
C.A.Joseph  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all yours anwers! Jun 23, 2003

and yes it DOES wupport W97... at least on my PC

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Trados 6.0 support Word 97?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »