Home / End keys on notebook
Thread poster: Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
Local time: 02:52
German to English
Oct 6, 2008

I purchased a Samsung Dreja E172 notebook last week and I can't find the combination for the Home / End function (i.e. takes cursor to the start or end of the line). Most notebooks use a FN + Arrow Left / Arrow Right combination, but this notebook uses that for the volume control. What other combinations could be possible?
Thanks very much for any suggestions.

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:52
English to Japanese
+ ...
If that laptop has a tenkey pad... Oct 6, 2008

Hi,

It's a long shot (I have never seen this model around here in the US), but...

From the images of this model (E172-xxx) on the internet, it has a tenkey (numeral key) pad. If yours is the same, then Home/End keys are there (7 and 1).

Regards,
Rie

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
German keyboard: Pos1 and Ende? Oct 6, 2008

I haven't had much luck finding your exact model/keyboard online, but does it look something like this?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/typo3temp/pics/5aab35d09f.jpg
That's a Samsung where FN + Arrow changes the volume, similar to your laptop. I see you're based in Germany. Do you by chance have a German keyboard? Could it simply be the "Pos1" and "Ende" keys you're lo
... See more
I haven't had much luck finding your exact model/keyboard online, but does it look something like this?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/typo3temp/pics/5aab35d09f.jpg
That's a Samsung where FN + Arrow changes the volume, similar to your laptop. I see you're based in Germany. Do you by chance have a German keyboard? Could it simply be the "Pos1" and "Ende" keys you're looking for? Sorry if I'm being Captain Obvious here

Edited to add better picture: http://www.notebookcheck.net/typo3temp/pics/7b9f0908b8.jpg

[Edited at 2008-10-06 15:25]
Collapse

Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks 7-1 Oct 6, 2008

Thanks to both of you for your help. Yes, the Dreja does have a German keyboard, but no Pos1 or Ende keys and no Home / End keys either. I tried Rie's suggestion and it worked!
FN+7 replaces the Home key
FN+1 replaces the End key

Thanks guys!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Home / End keys on notebook

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »