https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/112327-problem_with_accessing_wwwmultitranru.html

Problem with accessing www.multitran.ru
Thread poster: Sara Noss
Sara Noss
Sara Noss  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:31
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2008

Hello,

I hope that I've picked the correct forum.

The problem is as follows; I have been unable to access the above website on my own PC since Wednesday (06/08). Access to all other sites remains unimpeded and my PC seems to be working fine in all other respects. I have been able to access www.multitran.ru from another PC, but would obviously like to be able to access the site at home
... See more
Hello,

I hope that I've picked the correct forum.

The problem is as follows; I have been unable to access the above website on my own PC since Wednesday (06/08). Access to all other sites remains unimpeded and my PC seems to be working fine in all other respects. I have been able to access www.multitran.ru from another PC, but would obviously like to be able to access the site at home as it is more convenient for my work.

The error message I get on Internet Explorer is 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. All though my PC is relatively new (3 months old), I never had any difficulties in using the site up until now. I did attempt system restore, but that also failed to cure the problem.

I tried downloading another browser (Firefox) to see if that would help, but it was to no avail. I also checked the settings on my firewall and there is nothing to suggest that I have blocked access to this site.

As I am rather technically inept, I would appreciate any advice from those in the know as to how to get round this.

Grateful regards,

Sara
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try it again now Aug 9, 2008

I haven't been able to get it for a few days, but I just tried it and it's working now.

This happens occasionally. See, for example, a thread in the Russian forum started on 15th July.

It's Multitran's problem, and it's usually sorted out fairly quickly.

Sara Noss
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Aug 9, 2008

Hello Jack,

I haven't had any joy in seeing it yet, but hopefully I will soon, if it is up and running.

Kind regards,

Sara

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
Possible "workaround" Aug 9, 2008

I was unable to access it for much of Thursday, when I badly needed it for something, but yesterday and today it's been working fine for me (and still is as I write - touch wood!) One thing I was able to do when it wasn't working was to do a Google search for the term I wanted and add "multitran" to the search string. If Google came up with an entry on the Multitran website, I was able to click through and see the entry in Multitran - yet then when I tried to enter another term while still in Mu... See more
I was unable to access it for much of Thursday, when I badly needed it for something, but yesterday and today it's been working fine for me (and still is as I write - touch wood!) One thing I was able to do when it wasn't working was to do a Google search for the term I wanted and add "multitran" to the search string. If Google came up with an entry on the Multitran website, I was able to click through and see the entry in Multitran - yet then when I tried to enter another term while still in Multitran, it stopped working, so I could only search for another one by going via Google again. So if there's a particular term you need, try Googling it followed by "AND Multitran" - I don't know if it'll work for you, but might be worth a try.

[Edited at 2008-08-09 14:36]
Collapse

Sara Noss
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A welcome tip Aug 9, 2008

Thank you, Peter. I am still having trouble with multitran, but this is a great tip for future reference. I am thinking that some kind of update within my system may be hampering my access, but I haven't a clue where to start with that.

Here's hoping I will have better luck tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with accessing www.multitran.ru

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »