Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:16
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2008

Sometimes I translate (En-Ru) user manuals for TV-sets and other appliances. They are printed in China then, so I have to save the target in PDF to preserve Cyrillic. I work in Word 2003. As I receive source files in PDF also I have to re-build the file in the target language and re-insert images. Then, I save them in DOC and right-click to convert to PDF using Adobe Acrobat 7. After conversion, red vertical lines (always 1-pixel wide) appear along the right edge of the inserted images, the leng... See more
Sometimes I translate (En-Ru) user manuals for TV-sets and other appliances. They are printed in China then, so I have to save the target in PDF to preserve Cyrillic. I work in Word 2003. As I receive source files in PDF also I have to re-build the file in the target language and re-insert images. Then, I save them in DOC and right-click to convert to PDF using Adobe Acrobat 7. After conversion, red vertical lines (always 1-pixel wide) appear along the right edge of the inserted images, the length of the line being equal to the height of the image. The point is that I re-build the whole file and re-insert _all_ the images, while the red lines appear only along _some_ of them. There is no system. Just some images on a page may get lines, some may not. (If you need a screen shot, I will send it to you.)

[Редактировалось 2008-07-29 15:35]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

behaviour of images while saving target to PDF

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »