Thread poster: Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
Local time: 16:15
French to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2008

Hi

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask for help re the Amazon website here, a moderator will know!

I'm trying to buy a book via amazon.fr and cannot log in or add the book to the cart as I'm told I need to activate cookies. Cookies were already activated in my browser (IE) but I deactivated, activated and rebooted anyway: same problem. I've tried going via Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and Amazon.de but the problem is the same on all the sites.

I called th
... See more
Hi

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask for help re the Amazon website here, a moderator will know!

I'm trying to buy a book via amazon.fr and cannot log in or add the book to the cart as I'm told I need to activate cookies. Cookies were already activated in my browser (IE) but I deactivated, activated and rebooted anyway: same problem. I've tried going via Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and Amazon.de but the problem is the same on all the sites.

I called the Amazon helpline who had no idea how to resolve this!

I have found posts online of people with a similar problem, but no solution.

Has anyone else encountered this difficulty and if so, did they manage to solve it?

Many thanks!
Sandra

[Edited at 2008-06-18 13:14]
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:15
Spanish
+ ...
Well.. Jun 18, 2008

Try deleting your cookies. If you have logged in ProZ, your browser can accept cookies but for some reason is not accepting Amazon's. If deleting them doesn't work, you can always try a different browser like Firefox or Opera.

Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Deleting cookies doesn't help :-( Jun 19, 2008

Thanks Claudia. I had tried that but to no avail. Still have the same problem...
Thanks again for taking time to answer.

Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Jun 20, 2008

Today I was able to log in via the "one click buying" icon, then backtracked to "shop" as normal. It must have been a bug with amazon...

All's well that ends well
Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with cookie activation at Amazon

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »