Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2018

Hello fellow DV users,

I have DV2 Pro (8.0.641). Yes antiquated (I'm eagerly waiting for the X4 to come out before upgrading). Does anyone experience any delays/stalling of the system when pressing Ctrl-A *and* the segment/sentence is quite long. This happens quite often in my machine. Shorter and medium-sized segments are ok.

Is this related to the size of the TM and lexicon? My TMs are quite large (+70,000 segments and more). When I place the cursor on a particular lo
... See more
Hello fellow DV users,

I have DV2 Pro (8.0.641). Yes antiquated (I'm eagerly waiting for the X4 to come out before upgrading). Does anyone experience any delays/stalling of the system when pressing Ctrl-A *and* the segment/sentence is quite long. This happens quite often in my machine. Shorter and medium-sized segments are ok.

Is this related to the size of the TM and lexicon? My TMs are quite large (+70,000 segments and more). When I place the cursor on a particular long segment for example, it takes at least 8-10 seconds for the Autosearch terms to appear on the right column. Or maybe related to the processing power of my laptop?

Thanks for any insights in advance,
Marcus
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 17:10
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Hard drive May 18, 2018

You don't need more processing power, but a faster disk drive. Either get a good SSD or wait for new laptops with 8th Gen Intel processors and Intel Optane memory, which will offer SSD-like speeds using regular HDDs. I think I will go for the latter approach.

[Edited at 2018-05-18 18:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV2 stalls when Ctrl-A pressed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »