Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 11, 2017

Hello all

I did a translation using Déjà Vu X3 and exported the target file into a *.docx. It was late night, I was tired and my translation more than a draft translation than a proofread translation. Today, I proofread my TRANSLATION.docx file, and now I would like to input the proofread translation into my TM. Besides alignment, is there another method to do that?

Thank you very much

Clarisa Moraña

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 11:58
English to Russian
+ ...
re Oct 17, 2017

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Hello all

I did a translation using Déjà Vu X3 and exported the target file into a *.docx. It was late night, I was tired and my translation more than a draft translation than a proofread translation. Today, I proofread my TRANSLATION.docx file, and now I would like to input the proofread translation into my TM. Besides alignment, is there another method to do that?

Thank you very much

Clarisa Moraña

For now there two way for that

1. Alignment of original and proofed doc(x).
2. Through the TS2015-17 way — import into TS - translate with DV - export from TS - reimport proofed docx into TS — reimport sdlxliff into DV.

I've asked Atril about this feature. NO RESPONCE FOR NOW. MAY BE IT WILL APPEAR IN DVX4.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to update my TM with the reviewed exported target file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »