Dashboard items removed after upgrading CafeTran Espresso
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 12, 2020

I installed a new DMG because I wanted to use the latest Java version.

I found that all glossaries were removed from the Dashboard. Opening a Project Template didn't bring the glossaries back.

How to solve this?

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 09.04.56

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Possible explanation Nov 12, 2020

One possible explanation for the fact that my Memories are still listed, whereas my glossaries aren't, is that Memories don't need resource definition files.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
.app Nov 12, 2020

Have you kept the old .app file or can you restore it? You may check the package contents to copy any relevant files to the new .app

[Edited at 2020-11-12 12:49 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
I did so Nov 12, 2020

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Have you kept the old .app file or restore it? You may check package content to copy any relevant files to the new .app

I had already done so. My point is, that even when copying the .RES files to the correct folder (/Applications/CafeTran.app/Contents/Java/infos/resources/Glossaries/) they won't get listed in the Dashboard. One has to reselect them manually from the Glossary menu.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:16
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Ovewritten Project Templates Nov 12, 2020

You may have overwritten the project template right after launching CafeTran latest version when your glossary infos hadn't been transferred yet?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, but no Nov 13, 2020

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

You may have overwritten the project template right after launching CafeTran latest version when your glossary infos hadn't been transferred yet?

After installation of Big Sur, I repeated the upgrading of CafeTran Espresso on a second computer. I made sure to copy the .RES files to the correct folder before launching the app.

Still no glossaries listed in the Dashboard.

Perhaps you can add an option to the installation routine: Keep old user files? (The settings are already maintained.)

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.12.24

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dashboard items removed after upgrading CafeTran Espresso

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »