US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?
Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2020

Hello,

I need help from people who owns business in the US.

I have been doing translation business as a limited company registered and incorporated in a country outside the US.
My corporate bank account is multi-currency account, which is really useful as I have revenue in several different currencies.

Since I moved to the US, I would like to set up a new company here and open a business bank account.
I was told by one of my acquaintances (he is
... See more
Hello,

I need help from people who owns business in the US.

I have been doing translation business as a limited company registered and incorporated in a country outside the US.
My corporate bank account is multi-currency account, which is really useful as I have revenue in several different currencies.

Since I moved to the US, I would like to set up a new company here and open a business bank account.
I was told by one of my acquaintances (he is not working as a translator) that Chase offers multi-currency account, but I can't seem to find that information on Chase website.

Do you know any US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:12
Danish to English
+ ...
TransferWise? Apr 4, 2020

TransferWise isn't a bank but seems to offer the facilities you require. Have you had a look at it?

Peter van der Hoek
Christopher Schmidt

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Thomas Apr 4, 2020

Thomas,

Many thanks for your swift response, and thank you for helping me for other questions I posted in the past.

Yes, I know TransferWise but as far as I know, TransferWise is kind of a tool/platform so TransferWise needs to be connected to a bank?

Akiko

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Depends Apr 4, 2020

Akiko Detke wrote:

TransferWise is kind of a tool/platform so TransferWise needs to be connected to a bank?

You can get a multi-currency debit card from TransferWise. At least in the EU, you can also set up direct-debit payments from a TW account.

So it depends on what you need it for. Could it work to have a vanilla US bank and use TW for the multi-currency purposes?

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thomas, that information is very helpful Apr 5, 2020

Thomas,

Thank you so much. I'm quite interested in "multi-currency debit card" as even though the bank I'm currently using is multi-curency, the credit card is in one currency only so when I make payment I always need to pay in one currency.

Let me contact TransferWise and ask more information.
Your advice was great, as I was only thinking about "traditional banks".

Finally, I hope you are staying healthy and safe.

Akiko

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Good Apr 5, 2020

Glad I could help.

I'm still breathing, thanks. And so are you, I hope.

CAN LIU
CAN LIU
Australia
Local time: 13:12
English to Chinese
Payoneer Apr 6, 2020

Hi mate

you can try the Payoneer and this platform supports different currencies and easy to set up and pay/receive money.

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Can Apr 6, 2020

Can,

Thank you for your info. I only know the name, but I shall definitely check it out.

Akiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US banks which offer multi-currency business banking account?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »