Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:11
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Phew May 24, 2018

Birta Hrafnhildardottir wrote:

Just a quick update. After sending a message to the proz.com site support, they removed the review from my site. According to the rules on WWA ratings, banned outsources or those with open non-payment reports are not permitted to leave WWA ratings.

See here:
https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/319753-new_wwa_rating_service.html

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot.

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. The practice of the agency is utterly unacceptable and beyond disturbing.

Will Kelly
Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Fear of 'retaliation' May 24, 2018

I've been in this game for nearly 11 years now, and only ever had negative experiences with a handful of agencies. In all cases, I collected payment and then refused to work for them again. I wouldn't leave negative feedback on a site like this precisely for the reason that they might retaliate with negative feedback. Not that that would be a huge issue, because I don't (and don't need to) look for work through sites like this, but there is a sense in which negative feedback left purely out of s... See more
I've been in this game for nearly 11 years now, and only ever had negative experiences with a handful of agencies. In all cases, I collected payment and then refused to work for them again. I wouldn't leave negative feedback on a site like this precisely for the reason that they might retaliate with negative feedback. Not that that would be a huge issue, because I don't (and don't need to) look for work through sites like this, but there is a sense in which negative feedback left purely out of spite is defamatory. An ex-colleague who wanted to get in touch with me a few years ago managed to find me through this site, and if I had unwarranted negative feedback it would have given a misrepresentative impression of my professionalism.

My advice would be to avoid giving feedback, because it's a system that let's bad customers have the last word.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency gave me a bad rating after I gave them a bad rating

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »