How to get rid of translations.com notifications?
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 11, 2017

In vain have I tried to cancel all notifications from this site (PD team), but they keep flowing into my junk folder. Each message says I can uncheck notifications, but lately there is not even a link to Account on the home page.
I tried to get someone there to remove me from their system, but haven't got any response so far.
Anyone who can help?

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:07
Spanish to French
+ ...
Block it! Jul 11, 2017

Can you block it directly from/in your mail system?

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Block them if you use Outlook Jul 11, 2017

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

In vain have I tried to cancel all notifications from this site (PD team), but they keep flowing into my junk folder. Each message says I can uncheck notifications, but lately there is not even a link to Account on the home page.
I tried to get someone there to remove me from their system, but haven't got any response so far.
Anyone who can help?

Outlook>Home>Junk>Block sender

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:07
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
They are really spamming! Jul 11, 2017

After having deleted some of their messages, I've got 102 emails from them since July 3th. All their job offers are below my rates.

I was thinking also how can I do to get rid of them... or just to receive only those offer with my rate.

Regards

Clarisa

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
I find these messages annoying as well! Jul 12, 2017

The fees offered for these projects range from low down to insultingly low.

So I also have been thinking about requesting that I receive no further notifications.

Over and apart from the dreadful rates, I find such a "cattle-call" system of dealing with translators tremendously off-putting.

There is a help desk for this PD system that you should be able to contact to request that these notifications be turned off. There should be a link to it in the e-mail
... See more

So I also have been thinking about requesting that I receive no further notifications.

Over and apart from the dreadful rates, I find such a "cattle-call" system of dealing with translators tremendously off-putting.

There is a help desk for this PD system that you should be able to contact to request that these notifications be turned off. There should be a link to it in the e-mails you get, or within the system itself after you log in.

Good luck.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you know how? Jul 12, 2017

Robert Forstag wrote:

There is a help desk for this PD system that you should be able to contact to request that these notifications be turned off. There should be a link to it in the e-mails you get, or within the system itself after you log in.

Good luck.

The problem is I cannot find a link to log in. The homepage deals only with customers and translators who would like to join the team.

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Heinrich Jul 12, 2017

Below is the text of an e-mail I received from PD yesterday. The URL on the second line below is a hot link that takes me to the login page. When I log in, I then am taken to the page where I can accept/decline/negotiate the project fee. On the login page, there is also a "password restore" link.

The text "Submission Owner" (fourth line from bottom) is also a hotlink that takes me to the help desk.

I hope this helps.

... See more
Below is the text of an e-mail I received from PD yesterday. The URL on the second line below is a hot link that takes me to the login page. When I log in, I then am taken to the page where I can accept/decline/negotiate the project fee. On the login page, there is also a "password restore" link.

The text "Submission Owner" (fourth line from bottom) is also a hotlink that takes me to the help desk.

I hope this helps.

The submission Empresas Publicas de Medellin CO0102138-LP2 is available for you to review.

Submission ID: 61106
Submission: Empresas Publicas de Medellin CO0102138-LP2
Project: TDC-Standard
Phase Name: Translation
Task Name: job info
Source Language: Spanish
Target Language: English (United States)
Total Word count: 763
Phase Due Date: 2017-07-12 11:00:00 EDT
Submitter(s): Mariana Elisa Fernández Taylor
Owner(s): Gabriela Langiocola, Leyla Marina, Mariana Elisa Fernández Taylor, Virginia Albrecht, David Martin, Lucas Morales

Unit of work: 'FLAT'
Context match: 0.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
Hundred percent match: 0.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
Fuzzy: 0.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
Fuzzy reps: 23.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
Repeat: 0.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
No match: 740.0 * 0.0 USD = 0.0 USD
Rate: 1.0 * 20.0 USD = 20.0 USD

Total: 20.0 USD

To review please log into GlobalLink Project Director:
https://gl-tdcprod1.translations.com/PD
Select the submission and click on the Job Info button.

Best regards,
—The GlobalLink Project Director Team

Please do not reply to this automated message, for any assistance please contact the Submission Owner.

To disable notifications of this type, uncheck Submission job information ready in your notification preferences. You can find your personal notification preferences in Account > Preferences > Notifications located in the top-right corner of your screen.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Robert Jul 13, 2017

I had not seen this link before. Now I unchecked again all notifications, hope it will stay now that way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get rid of translations.com notifications?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »