BBEdit's Text Factories
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 27, 2020

BBEdit's Text Factories are a great way to automate repetitive text manipulations:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 12.14.03

(I use this TF to clean up my tab-delimited glossaries.)

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:09
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Great tip Nov 27, 2020

Thanks! Not something I need to do frequently, but it looks like a really powerful and useful feature! /Johan

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:09
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
PowerGREP Nov 27, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:
(I use this TF to clean up my tab-delimited glossaries.)

A good recommendation and a nice reminder that text utilities like this can save us heaps of time. On Windows I have used PowerGREP for similar tasks, and even for preprocessing CAT tool files.

PowerGREP isn't cheap, but there are several free grep utilities that will do something similar, such as GrepWin and new entrant dnGrep.

Regards,
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BBEdit's Text Factories

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »