Thread poster: Marta Chmielowiec
Marta Chmielowiec
Marta Chmielowiec
Local time: 22:26
Polish to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2005

Salvete dulcii Latinosi amici!
Does anyone of you know of any on-line translation of "Achilleid" by Publius Papinius Statius (English, German, French or Polish would do). I've got a problem with one line. Coleus!

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Kudoz Apr 24, 2005

Marta Chmielowiec wrote:

Salvete dulcii Latinosi amici!
Does anyone of you know of any on-line translation of "Achilleid" by Publius Papinius Statius (English, German, French or Polish would do). I've got a problem with one line. Coleus!

Why don't you post this line under Latin>En (or De, Fr, etc.) in Kudoz? You can usually find German translations of Latin authors here but, unfortunately, there's no entry under Statius.

M

[Edited at 2005-04-24 11:12]

Marta Chmielowiec
Marta Chmielowiec
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Apr 24, 2005

Ain't that easy! Kudoz guys told me to move my query IN HERE. But thanks ever so much for response, i'll keep googling.

kaydee
kaydee
Local time: 23:26
English to Greek
+ ...
perseus? Apr 24, 2005

Have you tried perseus? That's on
www.perseus.tufts.edu/

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Edited books... Apr 24, 2005

Marta Chmielowiec wrote:

Ain't that easy! Kudoz guys told me to move my query IN HERE. But thanks ever so much for response, i'll keep googling.

Hello Marta!

Unfortunately it is not on Perseus either (www.perseus.tufts.edu).

You'll probably have to buy it on paper (there are Italian editions of it, with the Latin text together).

Google may help, I think.

Flavio

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Kudoz? Apr 24, 2005

Marta Chmielowiec wrote:

Hi Marta,

what Marcus said is, you can ask on Kudoz the problem you have with that line. We might be able to help, there

This is the place where to ask about editions, and such things.

Best of luck,
Ave atque vale
Flavius

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:26
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
This is the right place Apr 25, 2005

This is the right place for general questions like that. I don't know of a Statius translation off-hand that is available on-line, sadly, especially of the Achillleid rather than the Thebaid. Shackleton-Bailey has doen a new translation in the Loeb series, if you're looking for a paper one, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On-line translation of "Achilleid" by P.P. Statius

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »