Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that translates Latin medical terms
Thread poster: Smallworld
Smallworld
Smallworld
Local time: 17:23
English
Mar 11, 2005

I have a couple of Latin medical terms which I need translating/converting into standard English for non-medical readers but I can't find anyone to do this. Can anyone help?

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Local time: 18:23
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Try KudoZ Mar 11, 2005

Hello!

I would suggest you to post your terms on Kudoz. I am sure someone there can help you!

Good luck!
Flavio

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:23
Czech to German
+ ...
Try this one Mar 11, 2005

http://www.allhealthnet.com/meddict.htm

is a rather exhaustive ressource for medical dictionaries in several languages and for various diseases.

Charlotte

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:23
Danish to English
+ ...
medical terms Mar 11, 2005

Send them to me.

Alvaro Rollan
Alvaro Rollan
Greek to Spanish
+ ...
Medical Latin Term Translations Jul 23, 2005

Hi,

I work for the University of Valladolid as a researcher, and at my departament, Latin Philology there's a recently open project on latin medical research: recepies, terms and that things. You can send me and maybe I could help you.

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:23
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
A good dictionary to start with May 12, 2006

Many of the older andmore straightforward latin terms appear in a dictionary in what is essentially unaltered form. So I'd look there (let's say Cassell's, for a user-friendly one?) for the easy ones, then any one of these fine people for the more complex and newly-coined terms.

Alvaro Rollan wrote:

Hi,

I work for the University of Valladolid as a researcher, and at my departament, Latin Philology there's a recently open project on latin medical research: recepies, terms and that things. You can send me and maybe I could help you.

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Post it! Apr 19, 2007

I agree with Flavio. If there are only a couple of terms to be translated, you can post them and people like Flavio or myself would gladly help you. I translate into Spanish, but from there is easier to translate into English.

Flavio Ferri Benedetti wrote:

Hello!

I would suggest you to post your terms on Kudoz. I am sure someone there can help you!

Good luck!
Flavio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that translates Latin medical terms

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »