Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:51
English to German
+ ...
Jul 14, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I want to ask for an Albanian friend of mine. He translated Literature and Philosphy books into Albanian, but it's not really well paid.
I told him to have a look at Proz to find jobs and to get established. But there are nearly no jobs for Albanian.

The other problem, is that he lives in Paris and has to earn according to "western standards". Is this impossible or is there an upcoming market for this language.

Thank you for
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I want to ask for an Albanian friend of mine. He translated Literature and Philosphy books into Albanian, but it's not really well paid.
I told him to have a look at Proz to find jobs and to get established. But there are nearly no jobs for Albanian.

The other problem, is that he lives in Paris and has to earn according to "western standards". Is this impossible or is there an upcoming market for this language.

Thank you for any hints.

Regards

Noe

[Edited at 2005-07-22 18:25]
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Moving to the Albanian forum Jul 22, 2005

Hi Noe,

I'm sorry that you didn't get any replies in over a week. But I am sure you would have a much better chance in the Albanian forum. So I am moving your topic.

Best of luck

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for moving Jul 22, 2005

Hello Xola,

thank you for your intervention.

Best regards

Noe

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

market for translations into Albanian?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »