Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:30
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apr 15, 2008

I have a translation agency in London and I've been approached by a client who needs to have a birth certificate translated from English into Albanian. She needs some kind of swarn or certified translation to be used in Albania. Could you please advise me on what are the requirements of such translation in Albania? Is electronic form Ok or does it have to be a hard copy, what about translator's credentials - do you have something like sworn translators or is a mere certificate (statement) from a... See more
I have a translation agency in London and I've been approached by a client who needs to have a birth certificate translated from English into Albanian. She needs some kind of swarn or certified translation to be used in Albania. Could you please advise me on what are the requirements of such translation in Albania? Is electronic form Ok or does it have to be a hard copy, what about translator's credentials - do you have something like sworn translators or is a mere certificate (statement) from a translator enough?

I will be very grateful for any information.

Kind Regards
Stanislaw
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:30
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
As far as I know... Apr 16, 2008

Hello Stanislaw,
As far as I know, you need a hard copy of the certificate. It also needs to be notarized. IMO, the credentials of the translator might help as well. However, your client needs to ask the institution where she is presenting the certificate to, to get the complete and official requirements for this translation.

Good luck,
Monika

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

I have a translation agency in London and I've been approached by a client who needs to have a birth certificate translated from English into Albanian. She needs some kind of swarn or certified translation to be used in Albania. Could you please advise me on what are the requirements of such translation in Albania? Is electronic form Ok or does it have to be a hard copy, what about translator's credentials - do you have something like sworn translators or is a mere certificate (statement) from a translator enough?

I will be very grateful for any information.

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 02:30
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Legalisation of documents in UK Apr 16, 2008

Hi Stanislaw, Monica is right, for Albania you need a hard copy of a certified translation made by a sworn translator. When translation is done, this has to be legalised, see more information on this issue:
======
Foreign Language Translations of UK Documents
We can legalise translations of UK documents issued or executed in the UK. These documents need to be certified by a UK solicitor or notary public confirming that they are true translations. We can also legalise documents
... See more
Hi Stanislaw, Monica is right, for Albania you need a hard copy of a certified translation made by a sworn translator. When translation is done, this has to be legalised, see more information on this issue:
======
Foreign Language Translations of UK Documents
We can legalise translations of UK documents issued or executed in the UK. These documents need to be certified by a UK solicitor or notary public confirming that they are true translations. We can also legalise documents certified as true translations by a consular official of the relevant Embassy, Consulate or High Commission in London Please note that we are not able to legalise documents on the signatures of the translators unless they are also a practising UK solicitor or notary public, or a consular official. Please note that we will not legalise certified copies of foreign language documents.
Ref. http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/what-we-do/docs-and-legal-services/legalisation/legalising

Legalisation by Apostille is accepted in Albania being a contracting state of the "Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents"
Ref. http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.status&cid=41

Regards,
Sherefedin

[Edited at 2008-04-16 15:17]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Hi, I need advise

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »