Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Date and time: 14:10-14:55, Monday, 30 April, 2007 NOTE: This session has already been held
Room: Benczúr 2
- types of guidebooks (adventure / shopping / style, culture, coffee table, etc.)
- audiences / target groups
- getting clients
- special vocabulary (including terminology of related subjects: culinary, architecture, history, pop culture, etc.)
1. Types of guidebooks in participants experience;
2. Writing for specific audience types (young learners, specialists, general public), with specific emphasis on register and intention;
3. Marketing guidebook services (sharing tips,
prospective clients, marketing keywords, etc.);
4. Terminology-related matters (helpful links, using the GlossPost interface, glossary searches, etc.).
Focus group leader:
Cecilia Avanceña (España)
Bio: Former art history teacher and anthropology researcher specialized in tourism and museology (PhD in specialist area). Translated the municipal Y2K Guidebook to Vienna, the Guide to the Museum of Archaeology and History of Elche, and the Cabildo's "Ancient Inhabitants of the Canary Islands" (guide to the archaeological sites of Gran Canarias). Worked with ICOMOS.