English, French, German > Spanish translator/editor/copywriter
|Cosme Echevarrieta 11, 2 Dcha.|
48009 Bilbao, Vizcaya
Tel: (+34) 944 005572
Fax: (+34) 944 005572
Mobile: (+34) 667 974856
Native speaker of Spanish, with fourteen years of residence in the United States.
Twenty-one-year experience in freelance technical and journalistic translation, localization and editing from English, French and German into Spanish.
My fields of specialization are journalism, sports, information technology, business, engineering, chemistry, medicine, law and finance.Education
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY, Bowling Green, Ohio. Master of Arts, Spanish Literature, 1997.
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY, Bowling Green, Ohio. Bachelor of Science, Mathematics. Minor in Chemistry. December 1990.Translation, localization and editing experience (1991-2014)
MAIN PROJECTS: These are some of my most important translation projects to date:
• IT translations for Intel Corporation, Sun Microsystems, McAfee, InterAct
• Technical translations for SGS, Motorola, Crucial, Fujitsu Siemens, Elecnor, Alcoa, Faerch Plast
• Instruction manuals for Sharp, Aiwa, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Sanyo, JVC, Micron, Hitachi, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Olympus
• Automotive translations for Chrysler, Honda, Isuzu and Subaru
• Chemistry papers and manuals for DuPont, SGS, Belzona, Axiall, Coastal Training Technologies
• Pharmaceutical handbooks for Simildiet
• Finance translations for M&G Investments, Credit Suisse, Sage and UEFA
• Marketing themes for M&G Investments, Sage, Intercontinental Hotels Group, eBay, FIFA and UEFA
• Legal documentation for Panasonic, UEFA, Lexar Media, Abengoa
• Medical translations for novo nordisk, Nikkiso, Bard Access Systems, Health Care & Retirement Corporation
• Translation of movies for Netflix, Warner, Sony, Universal and Fox Euro Studios
• German to Spanish translation of visual dictionary: Babadada
• News translation from English, French and German into Spanish for FIFA.com
• English and French to Spanish translations and revisions for UEFA
• German to Spanish editor and translator for The FIFA Weekly
, a weekly magazine published by FIFA between September 2013 and December 2015. Example: http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/af-magazine/fifaweekly/02/56/20/34/10_es_weekly_lowres_10_es_spanish.pdf.
• Editor of the Spanish version of the IOC publication Olympic Review
• French to Spanish translations for the Paris Saint-Germain
website (February 2013-September 2014). Example:
• French original: Retour sur une saison exceptionelle http://www.psg.fr/fr/News/003001/Article/66895/Retour-sur-une-saison-exceptionnelle
• Spanish translation: Repaso a una temporada antológica http://www.psg.fr/es/News/003001/Article/66895/Retour-sur-une-saison-exceptionnelle
• French to Spanish translations for the AS Monaco
website (July 2014-July 2015): http://www.asm-fc.com/es/
• Editor of Volleyworld
, the digital monthly magazine published by the International Federation of Volleyball (FIVB)
• Translator of web pages for the Roland Garros tournament
• Translator and editor for The Fencing Magagine
, a digital publication by the International Fencing Federation (FIE): http://escrimexxi.fie.org/83/es/
SPANISH INSTRUCTOR: Ohio Northern University. Spanish Instructor. Fall and winter quarters, 1996.
EDITOR: Bowling Green State University. Graduate Research Assistant, Romance Languages Department. Worked as editor, desktop publisher, proofreader, and translator for Reden, a Spanish Journal of North American Studies coedited biannually in collaboration with the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares in Madrid. 1994-1995.
MATH INSTRUCTOR, for the Math Department at Bowling Green State University, January 1991-December 1991. Spring semester: taught introductory algebra. Fall semester: in charge of teaching calculus.
CHEMISTRY RESEARCH ASSISTANT for the Chemistry Department at Bowling Green State University. Studied the reactive properties of norbornane. 1988-1989.
Expertise in machine-assisted translation: Trados, Déjà Vu, Wordbee. Web design, graphic design and desktop publishing experience. Experienced Internet navigator.
HARDWARE (PC specifications)
• Micro Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz 8MB (LGA 1150), MSI GeForce GTX650-OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0, DIMM 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz PC3-12800 Kingston Hype, HD Int Western Dig 2TB SATA600 64MB.
• Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, with turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M, Up to 1760 MB TurboCache, 6GB DDR3 Memory, 640 GB HDD.
• Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz, 1333FSB, 4MB L2 cache, 4 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (800MHz). TravelMate 290Lmi (Intel Centrino Mobile Technology).
• Operating platforms: Windows 10. My software includes Microsoft Office 2010, PageMaker, FrameMaker, SDLX, SDL Passolo 2009, SDL Trados 2007, AUTOCAD, QuarkXpress for Windows, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver CS3.
INTERNET CONNECTION: 15 Mbps.
Some samples of my English, French and German translations can be found at the following Internet addresses:
• ENGLISH ORIGINAL – Valcke: “Brazil’s passion has recharged us“
SPANISH TRANSLATION – Valcke: “Brasil nos ha recargado las pilas”
• FRENCH ORIGINAL – Rocheteau, l'Ange Vert revient sur terre
SPANISH TRANSLATION – El retorno del Ángel Verde
• GERMAN ORIGINAL – Das sagen die Stars und Persönlichkeiten...
SPANISH TRANSLATION – Lo que dicen las estrellasReferences:
Available upon request.