Help WF5! Export and tags turn to computer code in target!
Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Jul 21, 2017

I'm being sent XLF files from one agency and have had no problems using WF3 to translate the files then save translated file as XLF.

I have tried now using WF5 and received a message from the PM: "some segments of the files seem corrupted, as if the font has not been applied and replaced with characters and text".

I tried then putting these same exported XLFs into WF3 and saw exactly what she mentioned:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_21_at_8_30_39_pm

Segment 5, no tags, okay.

Segment 6, tags, computer code.

Segment 7, no tags, okay!

I then tried to adjust the preferences and resent the files to the PM from WF5 but the same thing happened.

The only way I could solve this was to export the TM from WF5 to WF3 and run the original files through WF3, save translated, then deliver to client.

After using WF5 and enjoying the feel of the new program, I'd like to continue to use it!

Your suggestions and advice would be sincerely appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help WF5! Export and tags turn to computer code in target!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »