Thread poster: uytteb
uytteb
uytteb  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 05:15
French to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 7, 2016

As the title says, if I hit the icon "Until Fuzzy" under "Automated Actions", Wordfast Pro 4 translates until no match instead. The same thing happens when I click on "Until no match", so both functions haven't somehow been swapped.

This is most inconvenient as I now have no way of going to the next segment that is no 100% match other than manually going over all segments. Is this a known issue?

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any help? Dec 9, 2016

Is there really no one who recognises my problem?

Let me clarify: when I start working on a new text, I first do a "Translate All". Then I start translating the untranslated segments and reviewing the segments that were no 100% match. Especially in documents with lots of 100% matches, I like to use the "Until fuzzy" icon to jump to the next segment that needs my attention. This always worked in Wordfast Pro 3. However, when I do this in Wordfast Pro 4 the program always jumps to the
... See more
Is there really no one who recognises my problem?

Let me clarify: when I start working on a new text, I first do a "Translate All". Then I start translating the untranslated segments and reviewing the segments that were no 100% match. Especially in documents with lots of 100% matches, I like to use the "Until fuzzy" icon to jump to the next segment that needs my attention. This always worked in Wordfast Pro 3. However, when I do this in Wordfast Pro 4 the program always jumps to the next completely empty segment and it skips the fuzzy matches. So it does "Until no match" instead of "Until fuzzy". Surely that's not right?
Collapse

Patrick Wahl
Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:15
Portuguese to German
+ ...
This Forum... Dec 10, 2016

...is very badly monitored. There is like one Moderator taking care and he probably has enough work himself elsewhere. And on weekends, forget it.

I would simply continue with WFP 3 because WFP 4 is not technically mature yet.

Sorry that I can't help you technically....

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Report via feedback icon or support ticket Dec 10, 2016

Patrick Wahl wrote:

...is very badly monitored. There is like one Moderator taking care and he probably has enough work himself elsewhere. And on weekends, forget it.

I would simply continue with WFP 3 because WFP 4 is not technically mature yet.

Sorry that I can't help you technically....

Hi Patrick,
I don't think the moderators are responsible for replying in this forum. They volunteer to make sure that people stay nice and don't post off topic, etc.

For posts like uytteb's, this sounds more like a bug that should be reported via the feedback icon under the help tab or via a support ticket.

Hi uytteb,
I tried on 4.10 (to be released early next week) Mac version and it seems to be working as expected.

You could also apply a filter to only show fuzzy and no matches.

If the problem persists after you upgrade to 4.10, please contact support or report feedback via the feedback icon.

Thanks!
John

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Waiting for update Dec 12, 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I understanding this is a forum and not a u customer support helpline. I appreciate all help and realise that no one has any obligation to answer questions or solve issues on these pages.

I'll wait for the update and see if that solves things. Meanwhile I have noticed another issue and I hope that will be solved as well. In general, I'm still really positive about Wordfast in general, Wordfast Pro 4 in particular, and this forum as well.

[E
... See more
Thanks for your reply.

I understanding this is a forum and not a u customer support helpline. I appreciate all help and realise that no one has any obligation to answer questions or solve issues on these pages.

I'll wait for the update and see if that solves things. Meanwhile I have noticed another issue and I hope that will be solved as well. In general, I'm still really positive about Wordfast in general, Wordfast Pro 4 in particular, and this forum as well.

[Edited at 2016-12-12 08:52 GMT]
Collapse

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translate until Fuzzy button stil doesn't work in 4.10 Feb 3, 2017

I have since updated to 4.10. The proble is still there: when I hit the "Until Fuzzy" button, Wordfast jumps to the first empty segment, not to the first with a fuzzy match. Very annoying.

Any ideas anyone? I will also get in touch with Wordfast customer service.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 21:15
By design Feb 3, 2017

Hi uytteb,

This is by design of Until Fuzzy function. When you have empty segments before fuzzy segments it stops and does not skip empty ones so you can add translation to that segment before continuing to other fuzzy segments. I checked when we have fuzzy segments it stops at fuzzy unless there is an empty segment before fuzzy segments.

What is the reason behind skipping empty segments without translation?

Thank you,

John

uytteb wrote:

I have since updated to 4.10. The proble is still there: when I hit the "Until Fuzzy" button, Wordfast jumps to the first empty segment, not to the first with a fuzzy match. Very annoying.

Any ideas anyone? I will also get in touch with Wordfast customer service.

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed, Wordfast skips the fuzzy segments. Feb 3, 2017

Thanks for your reply, John. I realise my post wasn't clear, but that's what I meant: Wordfast skips the fuzzy segments and goes straight to the first empty segment. Even if there were fuzzy segments before the empty one. From what you write I understand that shouldn't be the case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro 4: Translate until fuzzy translates until no match instead

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »