Confirm All/Unconfirm All doesn't work (Mac, WF Pro4)
Thread poster: Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 18:31
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2016

I was able to Confirm All yesterday, not with the menu button, but with the keys. Now I regret doing that, and I want to Unconfirm All, but it doesn't work. WF seems to work on it, makes it up to about 22% on the progress bar, but then it stops and nothing has changed. I have tried to close the project and the program to no avail.

However, I am not sure that I need to regret what I did. The reason I did it, was that fuzzy matches didn't show up like I thought they should, so I confi
... See more
I was able to Confirm All yesterday, not with the menu button, but with the keys. Now I regret doing that, and I want to Unconfirm All, but it doesn't work. WF seems to work on it, makes it up to about 22% on the progress bar, but then it stops and nothing has changed. I have tried to close the project and the program to no avail.

However, I am not sure that I need to regret what I did. The reason I did it, was that fuzzy matches didn't show up like I thought they should, so I confirmed all, thinking that would put the segments into TM ("Unconfirmed segments will not be written to the TM"). But when I had done that, I couldn't "commit" the confirmed segments anymore (turn them from pink to purple), which also appears to put the segments into the TM ("... commit all translations into the project TM(s)"). What's the difference between committing and confirming?

I have 4771 segments that I need to commit/confirm (or uncommit/unconfirm?) today. I have finished the translation, I just need to look it over. I think that Unconfirming All, then committing all, then confirming all is the way to go? But how do I Unconfirm All?

Have I made a a big mess of the TM?

Elisabeth
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:31
Unconfirm and Confirm All option has drop down Dec 5, 2016

Hi Elisabeth,

You have to use the drop down from the Unconfirm/Confirm All button to Confirm unconfirmed segments.

Shortcut:
Unconfirm All: Alt+Shift+Enter
Confirm All: Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Let us know if this helped.

Thank you,

John

Elisabeth Maurland wrote:

However, I am not sure that I need to regret what I did. The reason I did it, was that fuzzy matches didn't show up like I thought they should, so I confirmed all, thinking that would put the segments into TM ("Unconfirmed segments will not be written to the TM"). But when I had done that, I couldn't "commit" the confirmed segments anymore (turn them from pink to purple), which also appears to put the segments into the TM ("... commit all translations into the project TM(s)"). What's the difference between committing and confirming?

I have 4771 segments that I need to commit/confirm (or uncommit/unconfirm?) today. I have finished the translation, I just need to look it over. I think that Unconfirming All, then committing all, then confirming all is the way to go? But how do I Unconfirm All?

Have I made a a big mess of the TM?

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's what doesn't work Dec 5, 2016

John Daniel wrote:

You have to use the drop down from the Unconfirm/Confirm All button to Confirm unconfirmed segments.

Shortcut:
Unconfirm All: Alt+Shift+Enter
Confirm All: Ctrl+Shift+Enter

This is what I have been doing. It doesn't work. Neither with the drop-down or the shortcuts.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:31
Confirm vs Commit Dec 5, 2016

Confirm:

Any segment by default is confirmed segment, when you unconfirm a segment you are saying that you don't want to write this to TM. When you do Unconfirm Wordfast adds a status icon in Status column. When confirm is done it removes them.

Commit:

Commit is the action you do to write segments to TM. It writes all segments to TM. You can also use Next Segment action to write TM.

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 5, 2016

John Daniel wrote:

Confirm:

Any segment by default is confirmed segment, when you unconfirm a segment you are saying that you don't want to write this to TM. When you do Unconfirm Wordfast adds a status icon in Status column. When confirm is done it removes them.

I thought the symbol meant that it was confirmed. So I have uncomfirmed everything, then. And since the Confirm All doesn't work, I have to go through the whole document and remove all the status icons. But that clears it up!

Commit:

Commit is the action you do to write segments to TM. It writes all segments to TM. You can also use Next Segment action to write TM.

I use Next Segment all the time. But since I Unconfirmed everything, Next Segment didn't work. I have been reconfirming one by one in order to Commit again. It's starting to make sense to me now...

I

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirm All/Unconfirm All doesn't work (Mac, WF Pro4)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »