Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Iceland
Local time: 11:47
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 30, 2016

In WF Pro 3.4.9, the spellcheck doesn't seem to work. This started a while ago, and I don't remember anything that could have "triggered" it ...

• Enable spell checking: checked
  • Enable check as you type: checked
  • Microsoft Office Spellcheck: checked

Spelling errors don't show when I type, nor do they show when I click on a segme
... See more
In WF Pro 3.4.9, the spellcheck doesn't seem to work. This started a while ago, and I don't remember anything that could have "triggered" it ...

• Enable spell checking: checked
  • Enable check as you type: checked
  • Microsoft Office Spellcheck: checked

Spelling errors don't show when I type, nor do they show when I click on a segment that's already been saved.

Also, both pressing F7 and clicking on Edit/Spell check gives the result: "There are no more spelling errors"

Does anyone know what's going on?
Collapse

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Which version of Microsoft Office? Dec 1, 2016

I had a similar experience with the Swedish spellcheck in my Microsoft Word 2010, and spent ages trying to find a solution via Microsoft.

It turned out Microsoft had discontinued the foreign language support in the latest update of 2010 and there was no way of getting it back again.

I had to upgrade to Office 365 (=2016) and download the now available language pack for Swedish.

Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Iceland
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure that's the same issue Dec 1, 2016

I have an English version of MS Word 2010, and it's the English spell check that's not working.

The spell check works within MS Word itself -- just not in WF.

Patrick Wahl
Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:47
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Same here Dec 3, 2016

Hunspell Spellchecker doesn't work either in WFP 3.4.9 anymore

It is unticked by default and when I enable Spellchecking I get a scary Message: "Java something .... doesn't work"

Yesterday I had 5 Kernel Panics on my Mac. No idea what's going on....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Office Spellcheck doesn't work

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »