Thread poster: Julie Dion (X)
Julie Dion (X)
Julie Dion (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:50
English to French
Jun 24, 2016

Hi everyone,

I am just starting with WFP4 (Mac version). I am coming from SDL Studio and Cafetrans and I am looking for some sort of "review" workflow. I know you can export the bilingual file to a Word file for external review but this is not what I want.

Once I have translated the whole file, I want to then check for any mistranslations (not transcheck type errors) with fresh eyes. In Studio you can "open for review" and in Cafetrans you can tick a checkbox. In both t
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am just starting with WFP4 (Mac version). I am coming from SDL Studio and Cafetrans and I am looking for some sort of "review" workflow. I know you can export the bilingual file to a Word file for external review but this is not what I want.

Once I have translated the whole file, I want to then check for any mistranslations (not transcheck type errors) with fresh eyes. In Studio you can "open for review" and in Cafetrans you can tick a checkbox. In both these software, the segments are marked as "reviewed" either with a colour code or an icon.

Is there a similar visual clue in WFP 4 that you can use to mark the segment as "reviewed"?

If not, and if you have a similar workflow (first pass to translate, second pass to review), how do you differentiate "translated" from "reviewed" segments?

Thanks,

Julie
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:50
Member (2006)
French to English
Unconfirm segments Jul 11, 2016

Hi Julie,
You can mark all segments as unconfirmed before you start your review (Unconfirm all segments icon under the Translation tab). Then you can use the shortcut key to confirm them.

You could also do this before starting your translation. However, you won't get any internal fuzzy TM matches as unconfirmed segments are not recorded into the TM.

Kind regards,

John

Julie Dion (X)
Julie Dion (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:50
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Two steps Jul 11, 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for the trick, I might try that, even if it does involve an extra step to commit and move to the next segment. I guess WFP is just not made for that kind of workflow.

Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Review process WF pro 4 (visual clue)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »