TM Lookup/security issue? (WF Pro + Anywhere TM)
Thread poster: Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
Aug 3, 2015

Hello colleagues,
I'm having trouble setting up a TM in Anywhere and sharing with Pro. It seems to work well within Anywhere, but when doing a TM Lookup in WF Pro I see segments by other users (and in other language pairs) and cannot see all of the ones I've created (the test TM only contains three).
I hope I'm making myself clear (should you want to see the screen captures, just let me know and I'll e-mail them to you). Even though I've entered the Group ID, there seem to be matches
... See more
Hello colleagues,
I'm having trouble setting up a TM in Anywhere and sharing with Pro. It seems to work well within Anywhere, but when doing a TM Lookup in WF Pro I see segments by other users (and in other language pairs) and cannot see all of the ones I've created (the test TM only contains three).
I hope I'm making myself clear (should you want to see the screen captures, just let me know and I'll e-mail them to you). Even though I've entered the Group ID, there seem to be matches from either a general TM or some other users' TMs.
I'm not only concerned with the extra matches that could end up degrading the translation quality/consistency, but also with the possibility that other non-authorized users can access what should be a private TM.
Any help is welcome.
Best regards,

Leo
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:01
French to English
MT? Aug 5, 2015

Did you perhaps turn on some machine translation feature by accident?

Leopoldo Gurman
Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Local time: 11:01
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
No MT that I'm aware of Aug 5, 2015

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your reply.
Settings are as follows:

In WF Pro:
Perform MT manually
Google, Microsoft and WorldLingo, all off

In WF Anywhere:
MT not set

Leo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM Lookup/security issue? (WF Pro + Anywhere TM)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »