Importing multiple TMs
Thread poster: Monika Marczak
Monika Marczak
Monika Marczak  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
Polish to English
May 1, 2015

Hi,

I have just bought a new computer and am trying to import my Wordfast TMs. I have dozens and can't figure out how to add them all together instead of one by one. Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

Many thanks,
Monika

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
Finnish to French
Migrate Wordfast Pro data files from old to new computer May 1, 2015

Monika Marczak wrote:
I have just bought a new computer and am trying to import my Wordfast TMs. I have dozens and can't figure out how to add them all together instead of one by one. Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

I assume you refer to Wordfast Pro and I'll also assume you're using Windows. You should be able to copy this folder (and all its content):

C:\Users\[your_username]\.wf_workspace

from your old computer to the new one. If you use the same folder structure for your TM's on both computers, the projects you migrated should point to the same TM's.

There's also a hidden command in Wordfast Pro: Ctrl+3. Type in "export" and "import", and you'll see commands for exporting/importing data. I think these commands can also be used for migration purposes, but I'll let more knowledgeable people provide more information about them.

Monika Marczak
Monika Marczak  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's how I did it. May 28, 2015

Hi Dominique,
I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner - I thought I had, but was going through my e-mails and saw that I had marked you as unread.

This is the way I did it, but I couldn't seem to be able to get the copied folder as the 'go-to' folder for Wordfast TMs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing multiple TMs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »