Thread poster: Dr. Sandra Haas
Dr. Sandra Haas
Dr. Sandra Haas
Austria
Local time: 19:07
English to German
+ ...
Jul 9, 2014

Clients increasingly ask for a wordfast pro cat tool, which has led me to consider buying a wordfast pro license. As this is a quite costly investment I've been waiting for a discount on wordfast but there aren't any. Can anyone tell me if providers do offer discounts from time to time or am I waiting in vain? I'm under the impression that someone here at proz.com once wrote of a discount of 50% or is this only wishful thinking? Can anyone comment on this?
I know there is an opportunity to
... See more
Clients increasingly ask for a wordfast pro cat tool, which has led me to consider buying a wordfast pro license. As this is a quite costly investment I've been waiting for a discount on wordfast but there aren't any. Can anyone tell me if providers do offer discounts from time to time or am I waiting in vain? I'm under the impression that someone here at proz.com once wrote of a discount of 50% or is this only wishful thinking? Can anyone comment on this?
I know there is an opportunity to share a license with others, but does this make sense, apart from a price reduction? Any comments from users who are satisfied with such a solution?
Any suggestions welcome! Thank you!

[Edited at 2014-07-09 19:46 GMT]
Collapse

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Wf Pro discounts Jul 9, 2014

Hello Sandra,

They sometimes offer discounts (I believe one of their campaigns has just finished), especially when you subscribe to their newsletters.
See also the ProZ group buys http://www.proz.com/tgb/.

I think the tool is OK and worth the money.

Marcelina

[Edited at 2014-07-09 21:03 GMT]

TB CommuniCAT
TB CommuniCAT  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:07
English to French
WF discounts Jul 9, 2014

I also think that the discount campaign is over, but you can try contacting WF directly and see when their next campaign will be. I have been using WF for 2 years now and love it.

elibrosse
elibrosse  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
summer sale Jul 16, 2014

There is a summer sale here on Proz at the moment : http://www.proz.com/pages/sale

Dr. Sandra Haas
Dr. Sandra Haas
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 25, 2014

Dear all,

thank you so much for your comments, suggestions and hints! I managed to buy a license at the summer sale, and I am more than happy with Wordfast! Highly recommendable!
Have a great summer!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro discount

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »