Paula Borges  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:22
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2011

Hello!

I've been using Wordfast Pro for over a year and never came across this problem before.

All of a sudden, my default view was gone. I could not view the outline window on the right nor the TM lookup/Txml context/notes menu on the bottom.

By going to 'window' 'show view' 'outline' I can get that back, but the same doesn't apply to 'tm lookup' all I get is a separate window open. I've tried to restore default options but that doesn't seem to work either
... See more
Hello!

I've been using Wordfast Pro for over a year and never came across this problem before.

All of a sudden, my default view was gone. I could not view the outline window on the right nor the TM lookup/Txml context/notes menu on the bottom.

By going to 'window' 'show view' 'outline' I can get that back, but the same doesn't apply to 'tm lookup' all I get is a separate window open. I've tried to restore default options but that doesn't seem to work either.

I'm used to working with the default view and am finding this very inconvenient. There must be an easy solution, but I can't seem to find it.

How do I get the tm lookup/txml context/notes back as shown below:

http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/Wf_2TXML_home.jpg

[Edited at 2011-06-23 18:39 GMT]
Collapse

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:22
English to Dutch
Hit the restore icon Jun 23, 2011

Hi Paula

You’ve probably hit the button to minimize these screens. They’ve shrunk to the lower right side of your screen as little icons. Hit the restore icon on the left of those screen icons and your good to go.

Erwin

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:22
Window > Show View Jun 23, 2011

Hi Paula,

Go to Window > Show View and select whichever panes are not appearing (Notes, TXML Context, TM Lookup and Outline.).

Hope this helps,

Kristyna

Paula Borges
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Jun 23, 2011

Kristyna - I have tried doing that. It only worked for 'Outline'. Everything else opens as a separate window instead.

Erwin - There were no little icons, but by opening the separate windows I've found that the 'Detached' option had been marked. Problem solved! Thank you very much.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:22
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
screenshot Jun 24, 2011

Hi Paula,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are currently looking at that you don't want?

L

Paula Borges
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lianne Jun 25, 2011

Thank you for your willingness to help, but the problem has been solved.

ANA IVETTE DE BURGOS
ANA IVETTE DE BURGOS
El Salvador
Local time: 17:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Restore to a new window Apr 21, 2017

First save your work. Then try to click on Window, and then New Window, it will show you the default view.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restoring original view

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »