Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Wordfast Pro 6.0 Trial License Extended
Thread poster: Wordfast Support
Dec 22, 2008

For those of you who do not own a Wordfast license and are currently working with our free trial version, we are extending the trial license for Wordfast Pro 6.0 until January 31, 2009.

To take advantage of the license extension please navigate to www.wordfast.com/store_download.html , be sure to reference the included installation instructions.

For current Wordfast
... See more
For those of you who do not own a Wordfast license and are currently working with our free trial version, we are extending the trial license for Wordfast Pro 6.0 until January 31, 2009.

To take advantage of the license extension please navigate to www.wordfast.com/store_download.html , be sure to reference the included installation instructions.

For current Wordfast license owners, email instructions will be sent to you in early January with information on how to obtain your permanent Wordfast Pro 6.0 license free of charge.

Please note: Pricing for Wordfast licenses will increase on January 1, 2009. In order to take advantage of the current retail price, you must purchase your license before that date.

Best,
Hillary
Wordfast LLC
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Unfinnished software Dec 23, 2008

I will not even think of paying for Wordfast 6.0 as long as my "classic" license is valid. If they want to keep their market position they'll have to extend the classic license to the editor version. Now they are only bluffing. I bet.
Happy translating!
Heinrich

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:27
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
What about the license policy for Wf 6? Dec 23, 2008

I wrote three times to Wordfast recently and did not get an answer. Will it be the same as for the other versions? We do not even know the price for this new version.

I believe we should get these details beforehand.

Furthermore, is a license older than three years still considered *valid* in order to get a free license for version 6.0? I mean, even if it is older than three years, we can perfectly and legally use it as long as we do not change computer/OS. But do we n
... See more
I wrote three times to Wordfast recently and did not get an answer. Will it be the same as for the other versions? We do not even know the price for this new version.

I believe we should get these details beforehand.

Furthermore, is a license older than three years still considered *valid* in order to get a free license for version 6.0? I mean, even if it is older than three years, we can perfectly and legally use it as long as we do not change computer/OS. But do we need to relicense anyway if we want to get WF 6 free of charge?

[Bearbeitet am 2008-12-23 10:23 GMT]
Collapse

Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
What about existing licenses? Dec 23, 2008

I am a WF user and very pleased with it.

Is my license for WF 5.53q valid for the new WF 6.0?

Nigel

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
WF Classic Licenses extended to Wordfast Pro Dec 23, 2008

Nigel Greenwood wrote:

I am a WF user and very pleased with it.

Is my license for WF 5.53q valid for the new WF 6.0?

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Great to hear you are pleased with Wordfast Classic. To answer your question, yes all Wordfast Classic license holders will be entitled to also license Wordfast Pro concurrently.

We will be sending out emails to all license holders once they are able to generate a license for Wordfast Pro and begin using this software. This will be coming in the next month.

As a reminder Wordfast Pro is not replacing Wordfast Classic and both products will be sold as a bundle moving forward. You will be able to run both products at the same time depending on your project/client needs!

Regards,
Hillary

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Bundle License Dec 23, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I will not even think of paying for Wordfast 6.0 as long as my "classic" license is valid. If they want to keep their market position they'll have to extend the classic license to the editor version. Now they are only bluffing. I bet.
Happy translating!
Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

Just to clarify we are selling Wordfast Pro and Wordfast Classic as a bundle. All current license holders of Wordfast Classic are entitled to add a Wordfast Pro license at no extra charge for the remainder of their license period. Currently Wordfast Pro is still in its pre-release stage and we have not starting generating licenses for license holders. We will be starting this process in the next month.

Due to a community response we have extended our Trial License period for non-WF license holders to have more time to test out the full version of the software before buying.

As I said previously the price for a Wordfast License (entitling you to Classic and Pro) will be increasing to 300 Euros starting January 1, 2009.

Regards,
Hillary

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 22:27
PPT and Excel files Dec 23, 2008

Can I translate PPT and excel files with Wordfast 6.0. ?

I am clumsy with new softwares, and wouldn't try it unless it has some revolutionary advantages compared to the old version.

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Is this the right place... Dec 24, 2008

...for my question?

I tested Wordfast 6.0 and couldn't use the "/" sign. I had to copy it from the source.
Is this a software bug? Did anyone experienced the same?

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
Accepted File types in Wordfast Pro 6.0 Dec 24, 2008

Bin Tiede wrote:

Can I translate PPT and excel files with Wordfast 6.0. ?

I am clumsy with new softwares, and wouldn't try it unless it has some revolutionary advantages compared to the old version.

Hi Bin,

The current file types available in Wordfast Pro 6.0 are:

Word
Powerpoint
Excel
ASP
JAVA
JSP
HTML
TXML
XML

We are also adding INX files in the coming months. There will be more to come as we continue to develop the software.

Regards,
Hillary

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
Known Issue with "/" Dec 24, 2008

Capesha wrote:

...for my question?

I tested Wordfast 6.0 and couldn't use the "/" sign. I had to copy it from the source.
Is this a software bug? Did anyone experienced the same?

Hi Capesha,

Yes this is a known issue we are working on to resolve.
Thanks for the information. We always welcome feedback and comments from the community using Wordfast!

Regards,
Hillary

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Accepted File types in Wordfast Pro 6.0 Dec 24, 2008

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

Word
(...)

Word 97-2003, or just Word 2007?

If Word 97-2003, is it supported directly, or does it involve conversion to RTF and back?

If it involves conversion to RTF and back, is Word itself required for this?

Marc

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
Word File Format Dec 24, 2008

If Word 97-2003, is it supported directly, or does it involve conversion to RTF and back?

Marc [/quote]

Hi Marc,

Actually it works with 97-2003 with the current version available. Word 2007 documents will have to be saved as a 97-03 file type for use in Wordfast Pro. We are working on accepting Word 2007 and expect it to
... See more

Marc [/quote]

Hi Marc,

Actually it works with 97-2003 with the current version available. Word 2007 documents will have to be saved as a 97-03 file type for use in Wordfast Pro. We are working on accepting Word 2007 and expect it to be resolved around the corner.

You do not need to convert to RTF, that is not an accepted format actually. Wordfast Pro translates inside a .TXML file. So you do not need Word if you have been supplied a TXML file from your agency/client.

If you are working with any of the other file types I mentioned Wordfast converts them to TXML and back very easily inside the software.

Hope that helps!
Hillary
Collapse

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Who is taking advantage here? Jan 3, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:
Please note: Pricing for Wordfast licenses will increase on January 1, 2009. In order to take advantage of the current retail price, you must purchase your license before that date.

To pay for an unfinished product and expect that it will become ready in the near future (and still have the license expiration time running) is not what I'd call "taking advantage of the retail price".

Jamal_S
Jamal_S
German to English
xml files Jan 26, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

XML

Regards,
Hillary

I got following error message by trying to open a xml-file with Wordfast Pro 6.0:
"Unsupported document format" - the same with txt-files.
But I got this feeling that Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Pro are two separate CAT-Tools. Either I have to work with this or that one.

Wordfast Support
Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
XML file support Jan 27, 2009

Jamal_S wrote:

I got following error message by trying to open a xml-file with Wordfast Pro 6.0:
"Unsupported document format" - the same with txt-files.
But I got this feeling that Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Pro are two separate CAT-Tools. Either I have to work with this or that one.

Hi Jamal,

You must convert your XML file to TXML through the PM Perspective. After you convert it, you will be able to open and translate via the TXML and save again as an XML file. Txt flies are not a supported file format however.

Yes you are correct, WFC and WFP are two separate CAT Tools, they can be used concurrently as the WF Translation Studio in order to fit your preferences and current project needs.

Regards,
Hillary

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 6.0 Trial License Extended

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »