marmanlive
marmanlive  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 07:25
English to Armenian
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I want to run my analysis file generated from SDL Trados Studio 2015 through CAT Count tool to get the final quote for price.

The problem is that analysis file can be generated either in .xml, html, .mht or .xlsx formats. But the CAT Count tool can accept only .txt and .csv formats.

Can you please share what other CAT count tools or tricks do you use to calculate the quotes for your projects?

Thanks,

Marat

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:25
English to Italian
Studio InQuote Mar 16, 2016

Maybe you can try this: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlstudioinquote-807.html

Although, instead of using another tool, you could as well just create an Excel sheet template for your calculations and simply copy-paste the word-counts from Studio...

At any rate, MemoQ for instance creates .csv files that are compatible w
... See more
Maybe you can try this: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlstudioinquote-807.html

Although, instead of using another tool, you could as well just create an Excel sheet template for your calculations and simply copy-paste the word-counts from Studio...

At any rate, MemoQ for instance creates .csv files that are compatible with CATCount.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Easy pricing Mar 16, 2016

Mirko Mainardi wrote:
At any rate, MemoQ for instance creates .csv files that are compatible with CATCount.

Indeed.
And because CATCount is integrated to Translation Office 3000, I find the combination MemoQ+TO3000 very handy to price a project based on a CAT analysis and send the associated quote in a second or three.

And then there is Trados.

Philippe

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:25
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
memoQ + TO3000/CATCount = very handy indeed! Mar 16, 2016

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Indeed.
And because CATCount is integrated to Translation Office 3000, I find the combination MemoQ+TO3000 very handy to price a project based on a CAT analysis and send the associated quote in a second or three.

And then there is Trados.

Philippe

marmanlive
marmanlive  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 07:25
English to Armenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CAT Count & Trados Studio only Mar 16, 2016

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Unfortunately I do not have that variety of tools.
All I have are - SDL Trados Studio 2015 and the free CAT Count tool. I always used to use CAT count with my previous tools' analysis (e.g. WordFast) in .csv and .txt formats but since new Trados does not provide those I stuck right here.

I suppose I will have to get memoQ or TO3000, but meanwhile I need to solve this equation.

[Edited at 2016-03-16 19:24 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Studio InQuote and CatWeighting tool Mar 16, 2016

I second Mirko's suggestion of using the free Studio Open Exchange app, InQuote.
Another possibility is CatWeighting Tool.

You might like to read a blog post I wrote about these two options and TO3000:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2015/03/13/to3000-quote/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis File Format for CAT Count

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »