China Academy of Translation

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "China Academy of Translation".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

甜瓜
甜瓜  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:11
English to Chinese
A useless agency Aug 1, 2014

I do not think it could play a major role in the process of opening.

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:11
Member (2008)
English to French
Well... Aug 2, 2014

They've yet to offer me a job

And the last time I was approached by a Chinese company I 1) told them I would need a visa to work in China & 2) told them I would expect an international salary.............. what they came back to me as a full salary was less than my rent! expect some doozies from the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing! (for the record, I was a t
... See more
They've yet to offer me a job

And the last time I was approached by a Chinese company I 1) told them I would need a visa to work in China & 2) told them I would expect an international salary.............. what they came back to me as a full salary was less than my rent! expect some doozies from the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing! (for the record, I was a translator for the Youth Olympics and the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 so fully qualified).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

China Academy of Translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »