Thread poster: Lucy Williams
Lucy Williams
Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:33
Spanish to English
Apr 27, 2015

Hi,

I sat the DipTrans in Madrid (ES-EN) this January and am waiting for my results. Apparently they are sent by post NO LATER than 14 weeks after the exam. By my calculations 14 weeks is up this week, but obviously I'll have to allow for postage from the UK. I am so, so, so nervous!

Anyone else waiting?

[Edited at 2015-04-27 13:21 GMT]

Ewa Dabrowska
Ewa Dabrowska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:33
English to Polish
+ ...
I'm waiting too :-( Apr 27, 2015

It just takes forever. I'm waiting too

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Good luck Apr 27, 2015

Good luck! Is it the first time you have sat the DipTrans? How did you find it? I'm just dreading that I've failed all three parts.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Be patient! Apr 27, 2015

Even if calculations say that it should be around the end of April, in my case I remember I got the results well into May, probably around mid-May. Do your best to forget about it and carry on with normal life until it arrives!

David Hayes
David Hayes  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Early May Apr 27, 2015

When I took it, the results arrived in the first week of May. Not sure if that was because I was abroad. The CIOL website normally announces when the results have been posted, so it's worth checking regularly.
Good luck!

[Edited at 2015-04-27 14:56 GMT]

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tip Apr 27, 2015

I will check the IoL website to see if they've been sent. I have been very good about forgetting all about it until just very recently. Just so nervous!

Sara Giró
Sara Giró
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another one who's playing the waiting game May 1, 2015

Hi guys,

I see that I'm not the only one who's fretting then I hope that we get the results soon. Thanks for sharing your experiences about when you received yours, it really is a long wait, isn't it?

I took the exam in London so I was going with the literal 14 weeks and calculated that I should have them this week, which of course doesn't help when it comes to catastrophic thinking...I am also now thinki
... See more
Hi guys,

I see that I'm not the only one who's fretting then I hope that we get the results soon. Thanks for sharing your experiences about when you received yours, it really is a long wait, isn't it?

I took the exam in London so I was going with the literal 14 weeks and calculated that I should have them this week, which of course doesn't help when it comes to catastrophic thinking...I am also now thinking that I've failed all three parts like you Lucy, so the sooner I am put out of my misery the better!
Collapse

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I wonder what happened with the ES-EN papers! May 4, 2015

https://www.ciol.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=coil:norelated&id=205&Itemid=672

I see the Spanish to English results are delayed (damn!) so it will be a bit longer yet. I wonder what happened...

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
FYI: Received results today May 4, 2015

Just FYI: I have received the results today (by regular mail, to Germany), so anyone who's waiting: It won't be long now.

It went better than I had thought. I had doubts about one sentence in the technology unit. I wiggled out of it by adding a translator's note. The solution (which was simple enough) occurred to me the very moment I handed in my paper (i.e. too late). I thought that this would lead to a fail in this unit, but I passed. The other units went fine.

... See more
Just FYI: I have received the results today (by regular mail, to Germany), so anyone who's waiting: It won't be long now.

It went better than I had thought. I had doubts about one sentence in the technology unit. I wiggled out of it by adding a translator's note. The solution (which was simple enough) occurred to me the very moment I handed in my paper (i.e. too late). I thought that this would lead to a fail in this unit, but I passed. The other units went fine.

[Bearbeitet am 2015-05-04 11:52 GMT]
Collapse

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Congratulations! May 4, 2015

Well done on passing! It looks like I will have a longer wait as something is afoot with the Spanish to English results and they haven't even been released yet. I think I might try to ring the IoL tomorrow (Bank holiday there today) and see if they can tell me when the results might be released.

Actually, come to think of it, I did read somewhere that there is only one person who marks all the Spanish to English papers so I suppose it might be that he or she has been ill and that's
... See more
Well done on passing! It looks like I will have a longer wait as something is afoot with the Spanish to English results and they haven't even been released yet. I think I might try to ring the IoL tomorrow (Bank holiday there today) and see if they can tell me when the results might be released.

Actually, come to think of it, I did read somewhere that there is only one person who marks all the Spanish to English papers so I suppose it might be that he or she has been ill and that's why they aren't ready.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

[Edited at 2015-05-04 09:27 GMT]
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Contradictory May 4, 2015

Thanks, Lucy!

I've just noticed that the letter from the IoLET is a bit contradictory, as the cover letter explicitly states that at this stage, candidates will only be informed whether they passed or failed, and that the individual results will be listed only on the certificate which is to be issued in July. However, the enclosed result notification shows the results of the individual units as well - I got a pass for the technology unit (which I thought I might have failed) and dis
... See more
Thanks, Lucy!

I've just noticed that the letter from the IoLET is a bit contradictory, as the cover letter explicitly states that at this stage, candidates will only be informed whether they passed or failed, and that the individual results will be listed only on the certificate which is to be issued in July. However, the enclosed result notification shows the results of the individual units as well - I got a pass for the technology unit (which I thought I might have failed) and distinctions for the general and the science paper.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all who are still waiting for their results!

[Bearbeitet am 2015-05-04 11:51 GMT]
Collapse

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
A great result May 4, 2015

That's a great result, well done! I am very jealous at still being stuck in limbo!

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 5, 2015

If any Spanish to English candidates are reading, I just phoned the IoL and apparently the ES-EN results will definitely be sent this week!

Laura Francesca
Laura Francesca  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Candidates in France? May 5, 2015

Sorry to hear about the ES-EN results being delayed, at least you now know they'll be arriving soon!

Has anyone in France received their results yet?

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 11, 2015

My results arrived today and I passed all three parts! I'm so pleased! A merit in the General and a merit in the Literature and a pass in the Social Science paper.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone waiting for DipTrans results?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »