Recommendation for intensive Spanish course in Spain?
Thread poster: Graeme Jones
Graeme Jones
Graeme Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2017

Can anyone recommend a good intensive Spanish course - for a beginner to intermediate, young graduate student? Already fluent in French, she has a preference for the Salamanca area and a course of around 4 weeks' duration this summer. Any personal recommendations would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

DarwinE
DarwinE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Salamanca is a good starting point Jul 2, 2017

I enjoyed a 6 week course at the Superior (highest) level and it was one of the greatest experiences ever! Even as a native speaker I felt challenged and learned a few things I hadn't been taught in my university studies in the US, considering our Spanish here is significantly different. Salamanca is a beautiful place with a lot of history. It's a small city but I think it's perfect, you can walk to most places around the plaza. If you want to explore things a little further away, taxis are pret... See more
I enjoyed a 6 week course at the Superior (highest) level and it was one of the greatest experiences ever! Even as a native speaker I felt challenged and learned a few things I hadn't been taught in my university studies in the US, considering our Spanish here is significantly different. Salamanca is a beautiful place with a lot of history. It's a small city but I think it's perfect, you can walk to most places around the plaza. If you want to explore things a little further away, taxis are pretty cheap. It's also a good central location to leave for weekend trips. I went to Lisbon (2x), Porto, Barcelona, Madrid and San Sebastian by bus or by train.

When I was there (Summer 2015) I made friends with others who took the 4 week beginner course and they seemed pretty pleased with it. I would help them practice and got to witness their Spanish improve by the end of the month when I observed them interact with the locals.

Definitely dig through the University of Salamanca website. Founded in 1218 it is one of the world's oldest universities and probably one of the best for learning Spanish-language.
Collapse

Graeme Jones
Graeme Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Salamanca University Jul 5, 2017

Thanks Darwin - that's a good recommendation - will follow up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendation for intensive Spanish course in Spain?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »