Convert to .PAC without losing formatting
Thread poster: CatiaC
CatiaC
CatiaC
Portugal
English to Portuguese
Aug 14, 2016

Hi everyone,

My employer needs me to send him my translation as a .PAC file. So, I work on Augisub and then I use SubtitlesEdit to convert the file to PAC. The thing is, when its done, the file loses all formatting (except the italics). There were some ghost boxes (shadow behind the subtitle to cover oracles that appear on screen) and they are gone. Plus, I am not sure about the letter size and font size (they specifically asked for Arial 16 fomatting).

Does anyone know
... See more
Hi everyone,

My employer needs me to send him my translation as a .PAC file. So, I work on Augisub and then I use SubtitlesEdit to convert the file to PAC. The thing is, when its done, the file loses all formatting (except the italics). There were some ghost boxes (shadow behind the subtitle to cover oracles that appear on screen) and they are gone. Plus, I am not sure about the letter size and font size (they specifically asked for Arial 16 fomatting).

Does anyone know how to convert a file to .PAC without losing formatting? Is there any other way?

Thank you so much in advance!
Collapse

Pedro Teixeira
Pedro Teixeira
Portugal
Local time: 11:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Problems with .PAC formatting Apr 6, 2022

I am having exactly the same problem. I am trying to convert my .srt subtitles into .pac with Subtitle Edit. All fine, but whenever I open them again they are all misformatted.

I have the enconding "UTF-8 with BOM" selected. I even mixed around with some other types of encoding, but without success.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Jana Hemker
Jana Hemker
Germany
Local time: 12:19
English to German
Use .fcp Apr 14, 2022

Hey guys,

@Catia, which file format do you export from Aegisub to convert into a PAC file using Subtitle Edit? SRT files can't represent boxed subtitles.

@Pedro: .pac files do not support Unicode. You need to use Unicode PAC (.fcp) and choose the right language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert to .PAC without losing formatting

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »