Thread poster: Jeanette Anderson
Jeanette Anderson
Jeanette Anderson  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

I have been looking into different subtitling courses (not a masters or post grad) and I have only come across 2 that really look like they might be worth while, however I wanted to see if anyone had taken these courses and had any feedback or other recommendations.

The on-line course I found is at: www.subtitlingworldwide.com

They actually offer 2 courses:

-One
... See more
I have been looking into different subtitling courses (not a masters or post grad) and I have only come across 2 that really look like they might be worth while, however I wanted to see if anyone had taken these courses and had any feedback or other recommendations.

The on-line course I found is at: www.subtitlingworldwide.com

They actually offer 2 courses:

-One is a 3 month course (Comprehensive Subtitling Course) using the software Spot
-The other is a 3-5 week course (The Template-making course) using Subtitle workshop

Both of which look like they could be quite useful, but having never done subtitling, it's always hard to tell...

The in situ course that I found is offered in Berlin (and a few other German cities, I believe) and it is an intensive 1-2 week course at Titel Bild Subtitling and Translation company.
http://titelbild.com/en/courses.html

Now, there is a huge price difference between the two (€300 - €1750) and I am wondering which one will actually be better in the long run.

Has anyone done either of these courses? Or a different course that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

-Jeanette
Collapse

Luis Mondragón
Luis Mondragón  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:20
English to Spanish
I think I'll take the online course Feb 23, 2009

Those seem pretty interesting. I think I'm going to enroll in the online course. Today I've been researching for such subtitling courses, and there seems to be a shortage of offers. I found those two options too.

Have you found any other course, or have you already enrolled in any one?

Luis Mondragon

Barbara Canton
Barbara Canton  Identity Verified

Local time: 09:20
Swedish to German
+ ...
Made any experience yet? Mar 4, 2009

Hi there!
I am also interested in these courses (especially the one provided by Subtitling Worldwide as it offers more flexibility with regard to time and is affordable) and would love to here wether one of you has enrolled yet. Do you know if there is there is any kind of final examination? Does one get a certificate?

Barbara

Nadine Kahn
Nadine Kahn  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:20
English to German
+ ...
List of training courses worldwide Mar 7, 2009

Barbara Canton wrote:

Hi there!
I am also interested in these courses (especially the one provided by Subtitling Worldwide as it offers more flexibility with regard to time and is affordable) and would love to here wether one of you has enrolled yet. Do you know if there is there is any kind of final examination? Does one get a certificate?

Barbara

I've found the online course interesting! You'll receive a certificate after completing it. For further information go to: http://www.subtitlingworldwide.com/outlineComprehensiveSubtitlingCourseSpotSoftware.html

Here's also a list of training courses conducted by members of the ESIST. One of them is Bartho Kriek, by the way. http://www.esist.org/training.html

I think, I am going to enroll.

Titelbild is renowned for their professionalism, and they have major clients. I know of some subtitlers who have undertaken the course and who were very satisfied with the results. It's a tough decision, but I'd rather go for the online course at present.

Nadine Kahn
Nadine Kahn  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Workshop in Buenos Aires, Argentina Mar 8, 2009

Perhaps this subtitling workshop is of some interest for certain peeps:

http://www.truesubtitles.com.ar/taller.htm

Ada Gianfreda
Ada Gianfreda  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
subtitlingworldwide online course request for feedback Nov 12, 2009

Hello!

I was looking for information about the "subtitling worldwide" online course so I found this forum.

Some months already passed from the last post and maybe some of you already enrolled in this course and finished it.

If so, I would really appreciate if some of you could leave some comments/ feedback so I can better evaluate if enroll or not.

Thank you very much,

Ada

Ryan Becker
Ryan Becker
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
I know this is years later... Dec 6, 2011

But I'm interested in enrolling in the online program as well and was wondering if anyone did actually end up taking it and their thoughts on it. Thanks.

Ines Martinez
Ines Martinez  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
TsEdi: another distance learning option Mar 5, 2014

I have also been searching for some online subtitling courses, and I found this one which seems pretty good, affordable and covers most of subtilting áreas:

http://www.tsedi.com/traducciondeaudiovisuales.htm

Has anyone heard of it?

I am really interested in enrolling to some course, but would like to have references..whether it is wirth it, the ce
... See more
I have also been searching for some online subtitling courses, and I found this one which seems pretty good, affordable and covers most of subtilting áreas:

http://www.tsedi.com/traducciondeaudiovisuales.htm

Has anyone heard of it?

I am really interested in enrolling to some course, but would like to have references..whether it is wirth it, the certificate you get is actually useful and recognized.

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks

Inés
Collapse

Nataliya Nedkova
Nataliya Nedkova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:20
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
subtitling Mar 8, 2014

Hi Ines,

Did you enroll to the subtitling course from the link you mentioned? Did you find it useful? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Natalie

Ines Martinez
Ines Martinez  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Still considering the options... Mar 26, 2014

Hi Natalie!,

I haven´t decided yet which course to take... I am between TsEdi and SubtitlingWorld.
Still waiting for some advice, feedback!, mainly to know if these are recognized institutions within translators comunity.

I probably won´t enroll until July, so if you find any useful information in the meantime please let me know. I will keep you posted as well!

Good luck!

Inés

dkmfr
dkmfr
France
English to French
+ ...
testimonials? May 22, 2015

Hey!

I see no one has commented on any of the online courses. I was wondering if anyone gave it a shot?
I've been struggling to find good testimonials about SubtitlingWorld for example.

Anyone got to try it out?

Thanks!

HELENE BONNET
HELENE BONNET  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
subtitling courses on line in 2018/2019 Dec 11, 2018

Hello,
I am looking for a good subtitling course . The links in the previous posts are no more available.
Does anybody has an idea or any address ?
I found agestrad
and also some links to in situ courses which are quite expansive.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Does anybody has an idea or any address ?
I would prefer to find an online training course.

Thanks a lot in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On-line or in situ subtitling course?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »