Gladis Audi, DipTrans
Gladis Audi, DipTrans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:25
English to French
+ ...
Jul 5, 2015

Hello,

I used DNS with Studio 2014 for a year without a problem. With multiterm 2014 however, DNS would only type the first letter in the box, so I couldn't use it.

I installed Studio 2015 two days ago and since, I haven't been able to figure out why, but DNS behaves the same as it does with Multiterm: it only writes the first letter of the first word dictated. I still get the auto-suggest pop up, and I am not sure it is directly related as it pops up the way it normall
... See more
Hello,

I used DNS with Studio 2014 for a year without a problem. With multiterm 2014 however, DNS would only type the first letter in the box, so I couldn't use it.

I installed Studio 2015 two days ago and since, I haven't been able to figure out why, but DNS behaves the same as it does with Multiterm: it only writes the first letter of the first word dictated. I still get the auto-suggest pop up, and I am not sure it is directly related as it pops up the way it normally does if I was typing, and that's how it is supposed to function. Right?

In both Multiterm 2014/Studio 2015, I get letters popping up at the left top corner as if I had clicked the -alt key, and I have to click back in the box/segment to get the cursor back in place before I start typing.

Thank you for any help, it's much needed!

Edit: When I turn off autosuggest, DNS works as normal in Studio 2015. This issue did not come up with Studio 2014.

Gladis

[Edited at 2015-07-05 10:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-07-05 11:01 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS writes only the 1st letter of 1st word in Studio 2015

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »