AHK script to access all of Dragon Dictate's "Full Text Control" commands in Java app?
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:04
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2015

Okay, here's the thing. I am using Dragon dictate inside a Java app. Dictation works great (in fact, I'm dictating with it right now), and a few of the commands work too, but apparently Dragon does not provide so-called "Full Text Control" (FTC) support for Java applications. This sucks though because my main translation app is a Java app.

So I had the following idea: if I need to do anything complicated, I could create an AHK script that would:

• select all text in t
... See more
Okay, here's the thing. I am using Dragon dictate inside a Java app. Dictation works great (in fact, I'm dictating with it right now), and a few of the commands work too, but apparently Dragon does not provide so-called "Full Text Control" (FTC) support for Java applications. This sucks though because my main translation app is a Java app.

So I had the following idea: if I need to do anything complicated, I could create an AHK script that would:

• select all text in the text box in my translation app (CafeTran)
• open notepad
• paste clipboard into that

At this stage, I would have "Full Text Control", and be able to access all of Dragon's commands (select, go to, move around, etc.). When finished here, I'd press a shortcut, which would continue my AHK script:

• select all the now edited text in notepad
• Alt+Tab (or via some other method) back to my translation app
• paste the edited text back into the text box.

So this is the rough idea. Can anyone here give me a few pointers on how to create this script?

Michael

PS: originally posted here: http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6926
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 15:04
English to German
Should be possible even without AHK. Mar 31, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

• select all text in the text box in my translation app (CafeTran)
• open notepad
• paste clipboard into that

One important step is missing: copy selected text to the Windows clipboard.

Anyway, Multifultor can perform all 4 steps automatically. See the manual, section 14 and don't feel unsure because of the word "glossary" there . A glossary in Notepad is just a plain text. So you can force MF to enter yor selected text snippet into Notepad and call this snippet "glossary entry". Sounds strange but is very simple.

Download: See my profile.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:04
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have decided to try it in "KnowBrainer 2015" Apr 18, 2015

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for taking a while to reply. Been very busy here, what with my wife having a baby (any minute now) and buying our first house!

Anyway, I have since gone in a slightly different direction, having decided to buy "KnowBrainer 2015".

I am currently investigating two things:

(1) whether it is possible to get Dragon "Full Text Control" working in CafeTran (my Java CAT tool)(Java programs are notoriously inaccess
... See more
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for taking a while to reply. Been very busy here, what with my wife having a baby (any minute now) and buying our first house!

Anyway, I have since gone in a slightly different direction, having decided to buy "KnowBrainer 2015".

I am currently investigating two things:

(1) whether it is possible to get Dragon "Full Text Control" working in CafeTran (my Java CAT tool)(Java programs are notoriously inaccessible to Dragon).

and/or

(2) the workaround sketched in this thread, but using KnowBrainer 2015.

See my recent post over in the KnowBrainer forum:

Post: "Using DragonPad as a temporary text editor when working in a non-Full Text Control text box?"

some_text
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:04
This sure looks promising May 9, 2015

This looks nice: a scriptable speech recognition:

Now I see how clever you are: you want to have both hands free to carry Juniper, while dictating your translations .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AHK script to access all of Dragon Dictate's "Full Text Control" commands in Java app?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »