Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:01
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 19, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I have been using DNS for quite a long time now, together with SDL Trados Studio 2014. After I upgraded to DNS13, suddenly I can't get any commands to work in Studio. Any commands I speak are typed verbatim. When I change over to Word, everything works fine, so it doesn't seem to be related to any settings?

Nuance support hasn't been particularly helpful:

"There has been no version of Trados that we have tested and/or certified with any ve
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have been using DNS for quite a long time now, together with SDL Trados Studio 2014. After I upgraded to DNS13, suddenly I can't get any commands to work in Studio. Any commands I speak are typed verbatim. When I change over to Word, everything works fine, so it doesn't seem to be related to any settings?

Nuance support hasn't been particularly helpful:

"There has been no version of Trados that we have tested and/or certified with any version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. We are aware of many users being able to dictate into Trados, but any functionality is down to chance. There are no guarantees in place and sadly nothing we can suggest to resolve any issues regarding the dictation or use of voice commands in Trados."

Has anybody been able to make commands work with DNS 13 and Studio 2014?

Many thanks in advance,
Erik
Collapse

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:01
English to French
good question ...also, DNS 13 in general Sep 19, 2014

I've been holding off the upgrade because some of the features appear to me to be moving towards simplicity to the expanse of quality: not using a specialized microphone, not learning, etc. From my (very educated on the matter) perspective, these choices cannot lead to an increase in recognition accuracy

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:01
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Accuracy: better, but... Sep 19, 2014

Thomas Rebotier wrote:

I've been holding off the upgrade because some of the features appear to me to be moving towards simplicity to the expanse of quality: not using a specialized microphone, not learning, etc. From my (very educated on the matter) perspective, these choices cannot lead to an increase in recognition accuracy

My first experience is that recognition accuracy and especially recognition speed have indeed increased perceptibly compared to DNS12.

However, not being able to use commands for editing and correcting is a big tradeoff. Overall productivity certainly was better with DNS12.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-09-19 19:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS 13 with Studio 2014?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »