FineReader and pictures in table cells
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2017

When converting PDFs using FineReader, how do you deal with pictures that are inside table cells? In the good old ABBYY PDF Transformer v2.0 (and in pre-9.0 versions of FineReader) it was possible to specify a picture area on top of a table cell. In FineReader v11 this doesn't work.

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 16:57
English to Russian
Re: FineReader and pictures in table cells Feb 24, 2017

Hello Artem,

I have Finereader 12 and to specify a table cell containing an image, I select the appropriate table cell with the table pointer tool, then switch to the Area Properties tab underneath the main area and check the appropriate box there.

Best regards,
Stanislav

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This works for the whole cell only Feb 24, 2017

Stanislav Okhvat wrote:

Hello Artem,

I have Finereader 12 and to specify a table cell containing an image, I select the appropriate table cell with the table pointer tool, then switch to the Area Properties tab underneath the main area and check the appropriate box there.

Best regards,
Stanislav

I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the cases where the cell contains both text and images, especially inline ones. What you describe works only if the whole cell is an image. Sometimes it's possible to split the cell into text and images, but it doesn't always work, at least not for inline images.

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 16:57
English to Russian
Re: FineReader and pictures in table cells Feb 26, 2017

Hello Artem,

In such cases I always insert more vertical and horizontal lines in such a way that I can mark a single cell as an image cell and then merge those cells where the text gets split into several cells. Alternatively, I can perform several rounds of conversion: 1) export the whole document where all the zones are marked properly but images in cells are treated as text; 2) remove all zones in specific pages and then mark the image zones so that the exported Word document con
... See more
Hello Artem,

In such cases I always insert more vertical and horizontal lines in such a way that I can mark a single cell as an image cell and then merge those cells where the text gets split into several cells. Alternatively, I can perform several rounds of conversion: 1) export the whole document where all the zones are marked properly but images in cells are treated as text; 2) remove all zones in specific pages and then mark the image zones so that the exported Word document contains only these images and I can copy-paste them into the 1st document.

Best regards,
Stanislav Okhvat
TransTools – Useful tools for every translator
Collapse

Michaił Kavalevič

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FineReader and pictures in table cells

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »