Catalyst 11.0
Thread poster: ronnie92
ronnie92
ronnie92
Argentina
Local time: 01:16
English to Spanish
May 26, 2015

I have to localise a desktop application using Catalyst 11.0 and I not sure about the right files to translate. Do you know which sould be the correct files to request to client?
By the way, using Catalyst, which is the right procedure to create a glossary file?
Thanks!

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Spanish to German
+ ...
Alchemy Catalyst May 26, 2015

Hi Ronnie,
here you can find some help: http://www.alchemysoftware.com/resources/tutorials.html . There is also a video about how to setup and work with a glossary.

HTH
Liselotte

ronnie92
ronnie92
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Catalyst 11.0 May 27, 2015

Thansk Liselotte for your answer.
I have seen that video but it doesn´t appear how to set up a new glossary, this video works with a glossary file already created. Thanks anyway.

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:16
German to English
Catalyst Glossary May 27, 2015

I only have Catalyst 10, but I think 11 will not be that much different.

In Catalyst you can use glossaries created in other software such as SDL MultiTerm, TBX, TMX, TXT. In the terms pane click on the little folder symbol with a plus on it then on the button with the three dots and select your glossary.

If you don't have a glossary at all then create a tab delimited TXT file and add a single term, separating the language terms with a tab. Then attach it as above.
... See more
I only have Catalyst 10, but I think 11 will not be that much different.

In Catalyst you can use glossaries created in other software such as SDL MultiTerm, TBX, TMX, TXT. In the terms pane click on the little folder symbol with a plus on it then on the button with the three dots and select your glossary.

If you don't have a glossary at all then create a tab delimited TXT file and add a single term, separating the language terms with a tab. Then attach it as above.

Ben
Collapse

ronnie92
ronnie92
Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Catalyst 11.0 May 28, 2015

Thanks for your help Ben.

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:16
German to English
Solution? May 28, 2015

Only too glad to help.

Did it work for you in Catalyst 11?

If you have any problems email Jette at Alchemy.

Regards

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Catalyst 11.0

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »