Thread poster: A. Deb
A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2003

I was happily finishing a translation when suddenly TRADOS (%.5 Freelance) froze on me in the middle of a translation unit. I had no alternative but to re-start the computer. Now, when I try to open the Word Document from Workspace, Workbench gives me the following error: \"Matrix Error, (null) data file...\". I\'ve tried saving the translation memory in a new folder, but this doesn\'t help either.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I\'m really desperate ...
See more
I was happily finishing a translation when suddenly TRADOS (%.5 Freelance) froze on me in the middle of a translation unit. I had no alternative but to re-start the computer. Now, when I try to open the Word Document from Workspace, Workbench gives me the following error: \"Matrix Error, (null) data file...\". I\'ve tried saving the translation memory in a new folder, but this doesn\'t help either.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I\'m really desperate

Collapse

Dorothee Racette (X)
Dorothee Racette (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
I recently had a similar problem Feb 18, 2003

Ana,

I recently ran into the same problem and was just as desperate. Eventually I found a way, which I have described (and copied) here again for you. This information came from the TRADOS help files at TranslationZone:

When you look into your file directory in the Explorer, you will see that a TRADOS memory file consists of five components. That information is crucial for the rescue. Here are the steps I followed to revive the file:

STEPS <
... See more
Ana,

I recently ran into the same problem and was just as desperate. Eventually I found a way, which I have described (and copied) here again for you. This information came from the TRADOS help files at TranslationZone:

When you look into your file directory in the Explorer, you will see that a TRADOS memory file consists of five components. That information is crucial for the rescue. Here are the steps I followed to revive the file:

STEPS

Let us assume that the corrupt database is called OLDDB. Use the following procedure to restore this database:

Create a new or translation memory, calling it NEWDB. Make sure that NEWDB has the same setup as OLDDB.

Locate the five files for the new translation memory in Explorer. Delete the file NEWDB.tmw.

Make a back up copy of the original corrupt database file OLDDB.tmw and rename the original to NEWDB.tmw.

Open NEWDB.tmw in Translator\'s Workbench.

From the File menu, choose Properties. The Translation Memory Properties dialog box is displayed. Notice that the number of translation units is given as 0 (zero). Click Close.

From the File menu, choose Reorganise to reorganise the translation memory.

From the File menu, choose Properties to open the Translation Memory Properties dialog box again. Provided that the .tmw file itself was not corrupt, you will see that the translation units have been restored.

I hope this will help you!

Dorothee

Collapse

Ann VDP
Ann VDP
French to Dutch
+ ...
I had a similar problem Feb 18, 2003

I know what you\'re going through... Only last week I (temporarily) lost my biggest TM after the computer had frozen on me.

Trados Brussels assisted me perfectly and with their help I was able to retrieve some kind of copy of the .tmw file in the folder C:\\Windows\\Temp. The other 4 files had not been damaged. I sent all the files to Trados Brussels and they managed to recuperate the TM in no time (and for free!).

You may be able to copy it in a new file yourself. Be sure
... See more
I know what you\'re going through... Only last week I (temporarily) lost my biggest TM after the computer had frozen on me.

Trados Brussels assisted me perfectly and with their help I was able to retrieve some kind of copy of the .tmw file in the folder C:\\Windows\\Temp. The other 4 files had not been damaged. I sent all the files to Trados Brussels and they managed to recuperate the TM in no time (and for free!).

You may be able to copy it in a new file yourself. Be sure you copy all five files!

Good luck, I hope you will recuperate it soon! And above all: keep smiling!

Warm regards,

Anneken
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Support agreement Feb 18, 2003

These are exactly the moments when I\'m happy to have a support agreement...

A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a Million! Feb 24, 2003

Thanks Dorothee. Your instructions were great and you can\'t image how grateful I am. I owe you a big favour!

Quote:

On 2003-02-18 00:18, owls wrote:

Ana,

... See more
Thanks Dorothee. Your instructions were great and you can\'t image how grateful I am. I owe you a big favour!

Quote:

On 2003-02-18 00:18, owls wrote:

Ana,

STEPS

Let us assume that the corrupt database is called OLDDB. Use the following procedure to restore this database:

Create a new or translation memory, calling it NEWDB. Make sure that NEWDB has the same setup as OLDDB.

Locate the five files for the new translation memory in Explorer. Delete the file NEWDB.tmw.

Make a back up copy of the original corrupt database file OLDDB.tmw and rename the original to NEWDB.tmw.

Open NEWDB.tmw in Translator\'s Workbench.

From the File menu, choose Properties. The Translation Memory Properties dialog box is displayed. Notice that the number of translation units is given as 0 (zero). Click Close.

From the File menu, choose Reorganise to reorganise the translation memory.

From the File menu, choose Properties to open the Translation Memory Properties dialog box again. Provided that the .tmw file itself was not corrupt, you will see that the translation units have been restored.

I hope this will help you!

Dorothee

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! My TRADOS TM won\'t open!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »